My Green Mattress Mystery

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a Natural Escape for my 15 year old daughter who has MCS. After unboxing we let it air for a week, and now she’s spent 2 nights on it (I joined her last night).

Unfortunately, she wakes up with a tingly/stingy feeling after sleeping on it, and today I woke up feeling the same way too.

We are extremely sensitive, post-stachybotrys apartment survivors. Despite that we’ve been doing pretty well after getting care, installing an infrared sauna in our home, etc.

We have no idea what we could be reacting to in the mattress. I do want to say though, that I think My Green Mattress is an excellent product, and this is a case of “it’s me, not you”. We’re reacting to something in it - wool? dunlop? recycled steel coils? - and we’re willing to go through the trial and error process to get to where we feel good. We just don’t know where to go from here.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Hi. It is hard to say why you are having a reaction. Many people find allergy relief with a certified organic mattress. I would check with a doctor to see if wool allergy as a possible culprit as that would be the most likely in this instance.

Hello

I recently found out after not knowing for about 5 years that I had a huge mold infestation in my kitchen and attic from a water damaged roof. We have removed the mold and i still live in the same condo. But about a year ago I built my own Dunlop latex Mattress with just latex and a leggit and platt spring system. No wool or anything else besides cotton. For at least 6 months I had the exact same issue with my hands, arms and legs Tingling and stinging. It was so uncomfortable, but it has stopped now luckily. So maybe it has something to do with mold in our bodies reacting to the latex? Idk