My life on a Hastens for the last 10 months

Hello all, it’s been a long time that I have been on this site. I just want to give a review of my Hastens mattress for those out there who are interested in possibly purchasing one. After literally years of researching beds and purchasing an expensive one that I hated, (Royal Pedic) my husband and I bit the bullet and purchased a Hastens continental bed. I don’t really know where to start. It was many trips to NYC and hours of laying on beds and tears after the purchase…“What are we doing!!!” I can honestly say this was the best purchase of anything I’ve ever made in my life. I won’t go into the construction of the bed, you can research that online, but the sleep it provides is indescribable… I feel 100% perfectly supported, my entire body, almost like I am floating, zero gravity. My husband and I hardly turn at night at all, we get a deep, restful sleep. It is the closest feeling of bliss that I could ever imagine. It has a feel only a Hastens can offer which is very different from a regular mattress. I feel grounded and deeply comfortable, and almost meditative. My husband feels the same, every night when he gets in the bed he says he can’t get over how comfortable it is. I understand it is as much as a car but to me it is more than worth it. I feel so good when I wake up, back pain gone, neck pain gone. I would tell anyone who is thinking about a Hastens to sacrifice in other ways…take a few less trips…maybe wait on a new car…etc. I know that people think that you can get just as good of a sleep on a quality mattress, but I couldn’t disagree more. There is just nothing like a Hastens, the quality, the construction, and the sleep it provides.
I also like very modern furnishings so I have always resisted a box spring and had platform beds. Of course I do have a box spring now and I feel there is something to the support system with having one. It is very important in my opinion, after not having a box spring for years and having less than adequate sleep.
The only downfall is I am spending way, way too much time in bed. I will happily go to bed at 8 pm and keep hitting snooze in the morning! Sad. It makes traveling hard too, I miss my Hastens.

HI MEA,

Thank you for posting an update about your mattress. I’m glad that you are enjoying your Hastens product.

While you are very happy about your new mattress and effusive in singing its praises, I would remind everyone that only you can feel what you feel and I would caution others reading this not to take your suggestions of what to buy as an objective analysis of the componentry of this product (something we promote), but instead simply your own personal opinion/review, and as such not a reliable source of information or guidance about how someone else will feel on the same mattress, how durable the product will be, or how this particular product will fit within someone else’s PPP.

While I don’t normally speak of nor recommend them as a “good value,” there are some other “super premium” mattresses that use innersprings and natural fibers in their construction … some of which can go well into mid 5 figures. these include manufacturers such as VI Springs Savoir Relyon … and Hypnos.

Certain manufacturers require an actual box spring, while most require that their products be placed upon a flat and firm foundation. The box spring is part of the system recommended with your particular mattress, but would be wholly inappropriate for many of the mattresses discussed on this site. A mattress manufacturer will always be the best source of guidance for the appropriate type of support structure to be used - box spring, torsion system, foundation or platform.

I’m glad that you’re enjoying your new mattress, and I appreciate you taking the time for an update. :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Not gonna lie- was kinda hoping you would say “eh not really worth it” so I could stop fantasizing so much about having one. :slight_smile:

Hi ComfortSeeker72,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That’s funny.

I think I give enough caution about mattresses in these prices ranges, and price not being an indicator of quality of product or sleep, so if someone is able to be in this budget range and they like the product and are sleeping well, then we can be happy for them. But of course, “your actual mileage may vary.” :lol:

Keep dreaming! :wink:

Phoenix

I am very happy for the OP :slight_smile:
Also 100% satisfied with the budget friendly mattress I chose with the awesome info from the site. I am far too cheap to ever spend that much on a mattress (just plunking down the cash for cozypure pillows about gave me a panic attack), but next time I’m in NYC I will 100% be stopping by their showroom for a little lay down, I just won’t bring my credit card :lol:

Hi ComfortSeeker72,

Be sure to dress appropriately. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to hear your feedback after you visit!

Phoenix

Mea,

Which model and size of Hastens mattress did you buy?

Is it still comfortable to you? How much maintenance does a Hastens require?

John

I purchased a Proferia Medium with a BJX luxury topper. I don’t believe they make this exact model anymore but they have something close. It was delivered Feb 2016, so we have been sleeping on it for almost 7 years already. It is still hands down the best thing I have ever purchased and every night sleeping on this bed is a gift for me. My husband agrees. Literally the best purchase of my life. There is maintenance with flipping and rotating the mattress and the topper, but 100% worth it. If you are in New York, they will come and flip it for you.
Good luck John. Best suggestion is to go to a store and spend a lot of time laying on different beds. I was tempted to get the firm and I am so happy the sales person talked me out of it. The bed needs to fit your body and conform around it a bit. I see people trying to sell used firm ones online often, I think a Hastens has a very different feel and the concept is different than a regular mattress. There is nothing like it.

MEA,

Im on the verge of buying a Flobeds VZone talalay latex mattress or Tempurpedic LuxeAdapt Firm, but your initial post about your Hastens was quite inspiring. I know Hastens is expensive, but if it offers amazing sleep, then it is worth it. I will gladly drive a used car if I can have a Hastens bed. Our country does not prioritize or value sleep.

Im not one to be impressed by designer labels or showing off by being extravagant, so I would be buying a Hastens to “show off”. I would buy it because of the sleeping experience and how it makes me feel. I guess the next step is to try one at the Hastens store.

Did you happen to try out the Hastens 2000T?
What did you like about the Proferia?

Thanks!
John

Correction “I would NOT be buying a Hastens to show off”

Why? Im a frugal person and “showing off” is too exhausting. Prestigious brand names mean nothing to me….except Haagen Daz ice cream!!!

John

Hi John,
I originally purchased a very expensive Royal Pedic latex mattress for about $5000.00. It lasted 2 years before I felt like my back was broken. Be very careful with a latex mattress, they break down fast. And a Tempur-Pedic…I personally would never have one of those but I know many people love them. All I can say is research, research, research and rest on as many beds as you can.

I do know that the 2000T is Hastens best seller and people love them, I personally just didn’t. I wanted the very unique feel that a Hastens gives and for me the 2000T felt like an American type bed. But that is just me, many people disagree. I made many trips to Hastens and tried out the beds for literally hours. I had a great sales person who helped a lot too. I have a medium firmness and it’s perfection for my body. Hastens no longer makes the Proferia but they have a model that is similar.

Good luck in your search, it’s so hard finding the perfect match for your body. Hastens prices have doubled since I bought my mattress and I am just not sure I could afford one now. I dream of having one for our guest bedroom but not sure that will ever happen.

And I understand about showing off…I did not buy it at all because of that. No one sees my bedroom anyway but I bought it because each and every time I was on one it was unlike anything I ever felt. For me, it was worth every penny. I had some side stitching that came undone on the bed and Hastens flew out to my house, fixed it, flipped the bed and massaged the bed and flew back to NYC the same day. Unbelievable. That’s Hastens .:blue_heart:

Hi MEA,

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your Hastens
Proferia…it certainly sounds like they have excellent customer care!

I do want to point out one thing, though: you say
‘Be very careful of a latex mattress, they break down fast’ which I wanted to clarify for anyone following along on the forum…latex is actually on of the most durable materials you can have in a mattress, as you can see by comparing the Mattress Specifications You Need To Know to the Mattress Durability Guidelines. In your case with the Royal Pedicure, the feeling your ‘back was broken’ may have been a case of the wrong firmness level in your support or comfort layers.
In any case thanks for updating us on your Hastens mattress - it sounds like you made the perfect choice!

~ Basilio

Im currently extremely obsessed with King Koil Pure Bliss Latex Brook Firm. 100% latex with medium firmness.

When I sat on the edge of the mattress…I thought “way too soft”. Then I laid on it and it felt firmer and when I laid on my back on the mattress I felt a weightless suspended feeling like sleeping on a cloud that is hard to describe. It was quite shocking, but in a good way. I tried side sleeping and my shoulder did not feel any pressure.

Im afraid to go to the Hastens store because I might like it. I dont think its fair to marginalize a mattress just because it is pricy. With that said….I wont be afraid to bash an expensive mattress. As I type this in bed….my back hurts!!! Im becoming more motivated to buy a new mattress!

John