My new slated platform bed and mattress

Hello everyone!
I have had a week’s worth of heavenly sleep now and I want to share my awesome new setup with everyone here. A huge thank you to everyone on the forum and phoenix for making this awesome change in my life happen! So I am seven months pregnant and the bed I share with my fiance needed a major space upgrade! Not to mention that I really didn’t like the bed too much, I would still prefer to nap on the couch. So I did some mattress research and endless reading provided by phoenix. I finally decided on simplicity, I would make the frame and get a tuft and needle mattress. For my bed frame I used the blueprints provided by thethrowdown. See his post on the KISS bed frame here:
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/kiss-bed-frame-keep-it-simple-keep-it-stupid
I changed the leg design so that it was flush and nicer looking by first cutting slats into the 4x4s so that the 2x4s would sit right in them. After drilling the holes for the bolts I also took a 1-inch paddle bit and drilled in each hole, so that the bolts and washers would fit inside rather than stick out. Keep in mind that if you do this, you don’t need such long bolts, 4 inch ones will be perfect! Being that I did all of this by myself whIle 28 weeks pregnant, and all of the 4x4 working was done with a hand saw, I hold that just about anyone can make this frame easily.
Next let me just say a couple of things about the T&N 10 inch mattress. I prefer a firm mattress and my fiance prefers something soft. It is really difficult to get comfortable in your third trimester of pregnancy, yet this bed has been perfect for us! I love it and no longer nap on the couch. I was worried at first but my fiance loves it too! He keeps telling me how great it is. If you trust that you know what you are looking for and a T&N seems right for you, I encourage you to go for it. Their customer service is awesome, and they respond to email comments and concerns within an hour!

Hi Maebae,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback and for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and for sharing the details of your modified platform design. I’m impressed!

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that everything worked out so well and you can spend the rest of your pregnancy sleeping well.

I wish you all the best with your new baby!

Phoenix

PS: did you mean to include the map in your post (I can remove the map tags if you wish)?

No I didn’t mean to leave the map. I’m not sure how that happened.
Thanks for your well wishes! Much love -Maebae