My Tempur Choice Supreme Gives Us Back Aches!

We are about to end our trial on the above mattress that we bought with the adjustable base. I have a lumbar disk issue and scoliosis and my husband has a fused upper back. We went to Mattress Firm and are just over 100 days of trying and it isn’t working out. I see a whole lot of data but running our of time. Any suggestion on who to see in the Austin, TX area that could guide us better into a mattress that we can use with our base?

Hi boroczk,

It sounds like you chose a mattress that wasn’t suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and if I was in your shoes I would probably start all over again and go for a refund because there are many memory foam options available that use the same or better quality materials as Tempurpedic that are in significantly lower price ranges.

I would also “reset” how you shop for a mattress and the tutorial post here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines in one place that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how to avoid the worst ones.

Most mattresses that use foam (polyfoam, memory foam, or latex foam) or pocket coils will work well with an adjustable base as long as they aren’t too thick. Most mattresses that use innersprings that have coils attached to each other with helical wires or that have a border wire that can’t bend (with some exceptions) aren’t usually suitable for an adjustable bed. Each manufacturer or retailer will be able to tell you which of their specific mattresses are designed to work well with any adjustable bed

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Austin area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix