MyGreenMattress Evergreen v. Verlo Triumph v. QualitySleep Everlast

I’ve been waking up in pain for 3-4 months now, lower back and hips mainly, and my wife with pain in her hips, so we are in the market for a new mattress and have just started shopping. I’ve been doing a lot of reading on this site and SLTD and have to say I’ve gained a ton of knowledge, thanks for all of the great info Phoenix.

I really like memory foam, but her not so much, so we’re leaning towards latex, or an innerspring with a latex or gel foam topper. I am 6’0" and 185 pounds, my wife is 5’3" and 125 pounds, we are in our mid 30’s. We are both primarily side sleepers, but she will sleep on her back on occasion, and I on my stomach on occasion. She tends to sleep pretty hot, so a bed that isn’t a heat trap would be preferred. We both prefer something more towards the firmer end. I think we’ve narrowed it down to 3 options:

MyGreenMattress Evergreen - Have not tested yet, heading there this week sometime.
-Choice of Ingeo or Bamboo cover - Would one be better than the other for a hot sleeper?
-2 inch all natural Talalay
-5 inch blended latex core
-2 inch all natural Talalay
-Flip
-Available in Soft, Medium, or Firm

Verlo Triumph - Tested and liked it, the firmness was close to what we are looking for
-6 inch Talalay
-3 inch AcellaFlex

QualitySleep Everlast - Tested and liked it, surprisingly my wife liked the 3 inch gel memory foam topper better than the latex toppers.
-904 pocketed coil spring system - 14 gauge, 7 turn
-One inch pound 1.8, 32 ild heavy density foam
-One inch pound 1.5, heavy density quilted cover
-3 inch gel memory foam removable topper with 1.5 pound heavy density quilted cover

We’re hoping for a mattress that is going to provide us with comfort and hopefully 15-20 years worth of use. I doubt the Everlast would provide that even if we changed out the topper after 8-10 years. What do you think we can expect life-wise out of each of these based on our body types / sleeping style?

Should we rule out the Everlast if we’re looking for greater longevity. Tim seemed to really like the Everlast and spent the most time on that one.

I haven’t gotten ILD #'s on the latex from the Verlo bed, and I’m also curious about the longeivty of the AcellaFlex core.

I like that the Evergreen is a flip, I’m assuming we may get the longest life out of this one because of that, and we’ll be able to choose our desired firmness which is nice.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance. It’s a big purchase, and one I don’t mind spending a bit more money on based on the amount of time you spend on a mattress, and how much pain I am in now.

Hi aurorajp,

There are many factors involved with durability and how long a mattress will last for any particular person and some of these are subjective and some are objective. You can see some of the many factors involved in post #4 here and the two other posts it links to. In other words … it’s not really possible to predict the durability of a mattress for any particular person in numerical terms but only in relative terms.

These are questions that would be much better asked of Tim. He would have far greater knowledge and experience with his own specific designs and components than I would and “real life” experience and long term customer feedback on specific designs is always more valuable than “theory”. In “theoretical” terms … the Everlast likely wouldn’t have the same durability as latex because of the greater percentage of polyfoam and memory foam in it although they are also higher quality materials than the “norm”. Experience has the advantage of being able to combine all of the multiple variables and unknowns and amalgamate them all into a whole rather than trying to analyze all the layers independently and only “imagine” how they may interact together with different people.

I believe that the Acellaflex is 2.0 lb polyfoam (which is certainly a suitable density base layer) but they can confirm this for certain. It is also at the bottom of the mattress where it’s affect on the overall durability of the mattress would be much less than the same layer on top. the ILD of the latex is a “comfort spec” and is not really important when you are testing mattresses in person (your body will tell you more about the pressure relief and support of the mattress than knowing the ILD). The “weak link” of most mattresses are the comfort layers or the layers in the top half or so of the mattress and the the deeper layers will affect performance more than durability for the most part.

Yes … a mattress that can be flipped will even out the softening and wear on the mattress and will extend the durability significantly compared to one sided designs … even with materials like latex that are already very durable.

You are in a very good position where you have eliminated all the worst choices and are deciding between “good and good”. When you reach this point the final choices are more about personal preferences and the most effective way to decide is to consider all the tradeoffs and preferences that are most important to you so that your final choice is the one that best matches your personal value equation.

FWIW … in quality and “value” terms … I would be leaning towards Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress vs Verlo because they really do have some of the best quality and value in the country

Phoenix

Thanks for all the great feedback Phoenix, not sure where I’d be at without all of the information I’ve been able to glean from your site. I’ll talk to Tim about all of these things when I get a chance to go back in there this week. I’m lucky enough to live close to Verlo and work close to QualitySleep which makes this whole process a lot easier.

I’m leaning towards the Evergreen right now, but that could change once I test it out. I think I’ve narrowed it down to something from QualitySleep based on my limited experience with Tim who was very knowledgable and friendly, and your recommendations. It helps that the mattresses we are looking at there are a few hundred dollars less than the Triumph at Verlo.

Hi aurorajp,

I think that Verlo is certainly better than average value and I normally list them as an option wherever they have an outlet but I also don’t think there is any doubt that in Chicagoland their “value” wouldn’t be comparable to Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress and I would be going in that direction as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix