MySide Series 6 mattress by Kingsdown

Hi,
We bought one of those very expensive My Side mattresses and were concerned at the time as one comment had noted how hot it was.

We went ahead and yes it is rather hot even with wool underlay, cotton protector and cotton sheet. But the major problem after 6 months is the two sleeping hollows that have formed! It is a king size mattress with a large “no man’s land in the centre” and my husband and I are both pushed towards the edge in our own hollow. As you do not turn the mattress, the hollows only deepen.

It was a very expensive mistake purchasing this mattress.

Hi PennyB,

I’m sorry to hear about your sagging issues but unfortunately this is not an unusual issue with these mattresses or most other major brands that don’t disclose the quality of the materials they use or that use lower quality and less durable materials in their mattresses.

I hope that your impressions are deep enough that you qualify for a warranty exchange although the Kingsdown warranty exclusion is a 2" sag which is more than many other manufacturers (1.5" is more common).

Some of the information in post #4 here may also be helpful at least partly or temporarily but unfortunately in most cases the most effective solution to these types of issues is a new mattress (that hopefully uses higher quality and more durable materials).

Phoenix

Thanks for this, very informative. I am in Australia and very glad I found this before buying my side series6. What do you think about this mattress instead? The price is around AS2000-A$3000.

http://www.oakfurniturecollection.com.au/product/oak-platinum-luxury/

100% Pure Australian Tencel, Wool and Cotton.
Latex Bonded Horse Hair from UK, More Breathable and Comfortable than 3D Material Spacer.
Double Micro Cell Pocket Spring and 3 Zone Micro High Barrel Pocket Spring, Even More Supportive and Adjustable than “Oak Health Supreme”, the Total Coil Counts Come to 4437 Per King Size Mattress.
The Micro Cell Pocket Spring Has a Revolutionary Fabric Holding the Springs Together Which Distributes the Weight Evenly Over the 3 Zone Supportive Springs.
100% Pure Natural Materials and Exclusively Hand Crafted in Australia for Oak Furniture.

Hi Wei,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

While this forum focuses primarily on the North American market, the Oak Platinum Luxury mattress appears to use some good quality and durable materials, from the top to bottom:

Tencel
30mm wool
60 mm cotton
50mm microcoil pocketed spring unit
Horsehair layer
200mm pocketed spring unit with middle third zoning and perimeter edge system
30mm wool
30gsm cotton and 30mm wool support bottom layer

I can’t speak to the comfort of this product or the value regarding pricing, but all of these materials lean toward the more “natural” end of the spectrum and are of a more durable quality.

Phoenix