Natural Latex bed decision

Hi flieder,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Flobeds is one of the members of this site which means I think highly of them and the mattresses they make and none of them have any weak links in their design. They specialize in customizable component latex mattresses I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. A forum search on Flobeds (you can just click the link) will also bring up much more information and feedback about them.

You can see my thoughts about bedinabox in post #2 here and I would tend to avoid any mattress that uses more than about an inch or so of memory foam that is less than 4 lb density (see the guidelines here).

Post #2 here includes the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Greater Los Angeles area and you are fortunate because you have some very good options to choose from.

You can read more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and there is also more about the differences in “feel” between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here but I would consider this to be a preference choice … not a “better/worse” choice.

Of course the price will depend on the size you are considering but this should be more than enough yes.

Phoenix