Naturepedic Queen Split Configuration - Layer Swap Help Please

Hey there,

Congratualtions, I think you really understand this. Follow your instincts. There is no guarantee what any couple of similar body types will like the same thing. Someone always has “issues.” The basic concepts though still prevail. You have got that!

Microcoil vs Latex. It is simply a different responding feel. Microcoils will allow your body to find its curves and contours and tread lightly on your pressure points. Latex will have more bounce/pushback. One is not better than the other, just different. As far as bounce goes. Think of that body swallowing memory foam topper. NOT BOUNCY. Latex has more bounce than the MC and offers that weightless feel like floating on top of the surface. MC are more subtle in their contouring and responsiveness. MC can even be zoned to enhance spinal alignment.
I will note I was never a big fan of microcoils. I have done a 180 on it. The reason being, many companies, particularly legacy brands, started throwing mc’s in their mattresses simply to up the coil count. That left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. A gratuitous use of mc’s, often a 1/2" or less. It did nothing sometimes made it worse. They would position them in the mattress where it was not helpful in any way. When mc’s are used properly, with a logical placement and height, mostly in the comfort layer, to swap out heat retaining memory foam, or folks who dont like or want latex, they are wonderful.

Yes, I have to agree. The 3" pillowtop may not be necessary. My philosophy on that is with the EOS, the pillowtop is something that you could add yourself. They make a matching 2" and wool topper too. It says the wool is 3" but wool compacts down differently so 3" of wool acts much differently than 3" of latex.

Yes, lean toward the firmer side. Even latex will soften a bit over time, particularly weighted toward the beginning of use.

We can talk about pillows after but you can look here. “The Collection”

I just cant help myself, always trying to one up myself, with the pillows.

Cant wait to hear what you end up trying!

Norm