NC sources for mattresses

I’m moving to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, and I need a new mattress. I have a platform bed for which I need a queen mattress (no boxspring). I (think) I prefer medium firm with a pillow top. My budget is somewhat limited, so I don’t need top, top, top of the line unless it’s deeply discounted. I’ll be near High Point and Hickory, “the furniture capitals of the country”, and I’d like to know if there are any good deals to be found there. Also, are there any Charles P. Rogers outlets there? I heard that’s a good midrange option. I like Colton here in Asheville, but shipping might be prohibitive. Thank you, and I hope I’m not duplicating any earlier posts, but a search for north carolina didn’t show any results.

Hi ncseker,

You’ve probably read this already but just in case I would start with the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Charles P Rogers only has two locations in NY and NJ. Like any other manufacturer though … the name on a label isn’t important because outside of how well a mattress matches your needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area are listed in post #6 here.

If you do decide to shop in the Asheville area, the better options and possibilities I know of in the area are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix