Need a new bed!

I have looked at t his site for a short time over a few days, read some of the links…but honestly, even though I am a research hound…it is a bit overwhelming and I need some simple direction!

We need a mattress that is most likely a memory foam, as we are looking for minimal motion transfer, and will be good for some chronic pain in joints. Looked at the Select Foam site and it looks great, but I feel a bit put off by the F grade from the BBB and the 25 complaints with like 3 that were never answered by the business. I’m not sure of all the ins and outs of the BBB but since it is online for where we live, I am leery. Going tomorrow to try a Tempurpedic Rhapsody since it says it compares to the Select Foam mattress I was looking at, but feel a bit worried as I had never thought of buying a mattress sight unseen. Is that done much? Any helpful ideas are appreciated.

Hi usmcwf83,

the first place to start to “simplify” your research is post #1 here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible decisions.

As you probably know from reading the forum and the site … Select Foam is one of the manufacturing members here which means that I believe they are among the best quality and value in the country.

You can also read more about my thoughts and some commentary about the BBB in posts #3 and #4 here. They certainly have some value as a resource but they are just a private business that also uses some strong arm tactics sometimes against businesses that choose not to pay money to another private business for the sake of building their reputation.

Select Foam has also had some customer service issues which doesn’t change my overall thoughts about them but you can read a little more about this in post #2 here and post #4 here also has some of my comments before they became a member here.

Most of the rest of your questions and concerns are dealt with in the first post I linked.

Phoenix