Need Advice For New Choice, Just Bought a BBB

I have been sleeping on combination i ordered about 12 years ago of 3" Queen Foamex Sensus 5.0lb density memory foam on top of a high IDL (can’t remember the number, but I think it was the firmest available) base. I really liked this, but recently moved so decided to try out the Brooklyn Best Bed, firm for something with a cooler sleep. Turns out I really miss the memory foam sink in feel and it is just too hard.

I am thinking about getting a Medium Novosbed to replace it. Anyone have any thoughts on Firm vs Medium or another Memory Foam choice? I am a bit afraid of getting another firm after how hard the firm BBB was.

Hi akerom,

I’m sorry to hear that your mattress was too firm for you but it’s not surprising that your previous mattress with 3" of memory foam was softer than their firm mattress.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix