Need advice with Latex mattress

Good Morning!

I am hoping I can get some suggestions/direction. My husband and I recently purchased x2 XL Twin Roma mattresses by SleepEZ. After sleeping on them for 45 days, I have decided this is not the mattress for me. I toss and turn every night and wake up with pains I never had before. My husband has no complaints other than he would like a firmer bed (he prefers the floor!). I really wanted to like the Roma!

I think the mattress is not working out for me because it is only 9’ thick, and I currently weigh 215lbs. :frowning:
I looked at SleepEZ’s thicker mattress, but it is out of my price range.

What I am looking for: Firm-extra firm, latex or latex coil combo. Thicker than 12’. Priced under $2,000 for a king or twinXL combo. I am in the Orlando FL area. I would like a few suggestions of companies I should consider.

Thanks!

Hi JTM,

I’m sorry that your mattress didn’t work out for you. :frowning:

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around Orlando are listed here. The Tampa/ Clearwater/St Petersburg areas are listed in post #143 here. The Sarasota/Brandenton list is here.

I look forward to hearing about your new mattress!

Phoenix

I am still having a really hard time finding a mattress. Can you recommend a Latex over Coil Spring hybrid, or some companies that make them? I have also lowered the price I want to spend to $1,400 delivered (KING).

I was considering trying the Saatva Luxry Firm, but after reading everything on your site, I am thinking that would not be a wise choice.

I have read so many reviews and articles regarding mattresses that my head is spinning. I know you cannot recommend “the best” mattress since everyones preference is different, but can you please steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!!!

Hi JTM:

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose … It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/ultimate-dream-mattress-firmness-level).

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

With that being said, there are certainly some good suggestions from members on our site, many of whom make latex and hybrid latex mattresses that are excellent (and offer the forum members here a 5% discount or a product bonus on their mattresses) in post #21 here. This would be a good starting point for your search and might offer a more affordable alternative to what you are finding locally.

I look forward to learning about your progress.

Phoenix

Hi JTM:

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose … It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/ultimate-dream-mattress-firmness-level).

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

With that being said, there are certainly some good suggestions from members on our site, many of whom make latex and hybrid latex mattresses that are excellent (and offer the forum members here a 5% discount or a product bonus on their mattresses) in post #21 here. This would be a good starting point for your search and might offer a more affordable alternative to what you are finding locally.

I look forward to learning about your progress.

Phoenix