Need Direction

I am at the point of replacing an only 2 year old mattress, Sealy Ocean crest 12".
I wake up every morning a lot worse off then when I went to bed. With lots of pain in my lower back and right hip.
To make it livable I put a piece of plywood between the mattress and box spring which helped for a few months.

I am scared to go memory foam again as this was not a cheap mattress by my standards at $1100 for a queen.
it had felt fine for a about 6 months then the pain started.

My wife has some rather serious back issues and is already postponing surgery with cortisone shots.
She time and again tries different mattresses and only memory foam seems to work for her.

To deal with her needs and my fear of it being too soft I was looking at the Select Number m7.

She has always seemed to like a much softer bed and I frankly don’t know what I need to feel better at this point.
I also don’t want to spend the $3000 on the Select Number to be out about $500 if I end up not liking it between initial installation and later removal/shipping if I end up sending it back.

I can not seem to find an actual Innovomax dealer up here in Southern NH.
The closest I can fin is BJ’s which has dream number beds for something similar for about $2000.

Is $2000 enough for a really good memory Foam mattress that I can actually go and try out?

Hi 1sty,

The first place to start with any mattress research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the most suitable choices (and of course avoid the worst ones)

You can read my thoughts on airbeds in this article.

This will depend on the size you are looking at of course but in most cases (for a queen certainly) this would be enough to purchase a good quality memory foam mattress yes.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Southern NH area are listed in post #4 here. There is a wider range of choices listed in post #2 here that may also be worth considering even though they would involve some longer travel time.

Phoenix