Need help choosing mattress layers

Hi,

I’m looking to buy a new full sized mattress and was just introduced to the concept of buying layers and putting them all in a mattress cover. I am 5’8 and weigh 160 lbs, and am a stomach/side sleeper, so I was trying to figure out what kind of layers I should buy. I live in NY and was hoping to get it shipped to my apartment (I probably can’t go to a store to try mattress layers). My budget is around $500-750.

Based on what I read and found in other discussion posts, I was thinking that something like 2" Talalay soft, 3" Dunlop medium, and 3" Dunlop firm would work for me. Does anyone have recommendations on if I should consider some different combination of layers, and where I should look to buy this from? My budget isn’t super high so I wasn’t able to find something like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi tanjiro.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

You can find DIY materials from DIY Mattress or Arizona Premium or DIY Natural Bedding or on Amazon for cheaper cuts, but those materials aren’t going to be as durable (generally speaking).

NikkiTMU