Need help deciding: Novosbed Harmony vs Novosbed Aria vs Tempur Cloud Supreme vs ComfortPedic Phenom

Wife and I are looking to replace our 10 year old pillow top box spring.

We are both on the heavier size, around 215 each. I’m 5’10, she us 5’8. We are both side/belly sleepers.

Went to Sleepys today in York PA. Found two beds that we like, Temper Cloud Supreme and ComfortPedic Phenom Supreme Plush by Beauty Rest. I think I liked the Phenom a little bit more as the foam seemed to respond quicker.

I have been looking into Novosbed, really like their prices and return policy. I called today and was told the Aria is similar to the Tempur. How close should I expect it to be?

They could not find any info I’m the Phenom.

I only added the Harmony to the discussion as it’s description is similar to the phenom. I’ve also read the Aria is firmer than most expected. I would like something medium to plush.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Glen

Hi Flanders,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … I would make sure you’ve read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices, and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Outside of your own personal testing … the only way to assess a mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is with a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced online retailer or manufacturer along with testing local mattresses that they have identified (on their website or in a conversation with you) as being similar to one of their own models.

The answer to this would vary between different people because how closely one mattress “matches” another one can be very subjective and different people could have different opinions about this. There is more about the different ways that a mattress can match another one in post #9 here.

I think that the most reasonable answer would be “close enough for Novosbed to risk a free return if what a customer expects isn’t what they experience in real life” when they sleep on it.

I’m not aware of any manufacturer that uses the Phenom as a reference point for their own mattresses so outside of your own personal experience you would need to rely on the assessment of a good retailer/manufacturer that was familiar with the Phenom and had compared one of their mattresses to it. There is also more here about assessing the “value” of a mattress purchase and I wouldn’t consider any mattress purchase where you were weren’t able to find out the type and quality of all the layers that are inside it. With the major manufacturers such as Simmons who makes the Comforpedic it may be very difficult to find out the information you need to identify any potential weak links in the mattress, make meaningful comparisons between mattresses, and make an informed choice.

Just for reference as well … Novosbed compares their Harmony mattress to the Sealy Optimum Inspiration so you could test the Inspiration and use it as a reference point as well.

Phoenix