Need help finding a good coil + latex mattress in Canada within my budget range

Basically after a ton of research and testing s-brand mattresses in store I wanted to diy a mattress or find something similar to the avacado green or ultimate hybrid (from Arizona premium mattress) with a good zoned coil foundation and a 2-3 inch layer of medium talalay latex, preferably in a bamboo cover.

My issue is diymattress doesn’t ship to Canada. Neither does the avacado green or Arizona premium mattress. Is there anywhere I can buy the diy components I want in Canada, or a similar mattress to the avacado green or ultimate hybrid from Arizona premium mattress here? My budget is roughly $400-$800 and I’m looking for a queen size. Using a parcel forwarding service is too cost prohibitive. Arizona premium does offer Canada as an option but any address I tried said not available, and I think with shipping cost included it would be way out of my budget anyways.

I was also considering the following mattress Evergreen Radison Mattress - Best Price Guarantee
Comes with 1" of Dunlop latex, 2" of cheaper latex, 1000 * 9" high loft pocket coils (13 guage) and a cotton cover. There’s a $50 coupon on the website so I could get it for $566 CAD, which makes this a really appealing deal to me. Missing out on the bamboo cover, and having cheaper foam isn’t too big of a deal for me but not having a good zoned coil system like the Leggett & Platt combi-zone one is a pretty big put off for me. Sadly I’m not able to find any user feedback on this mattress at all so I would love some input from you guys.

I’ve also considered just getting a zinus hybrid mattress but I know those usually don’t last long. I really wanted an Ikea hidrasund because it checked all my boxes and it was shortly available for $699 cad a couple months ago but they’re no longer sold here anymore at all ;/. I’m open to other similar suggestions if it will fit my budget of $400 to $800 cad.

Hi lemon07r.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

You’re not the first person to pop into the forum with this question. This thread may have some useful information for you.

MFC is one of our Canada based Trusted Members that sells DIY latex components - they could very likely also point you in the direction of coils for your DIY. It’s also worth asking Ken Hightower at Arizona Premium if he has any leads on DIY components in Canada.

I took a look at the mattress you shared and my concern, without knowing your BMI/sleeping position(s) is that they don’t disclose the density of their polyfoam layer - and polyfoam is often a weak link in a mattress. As per our Mattress Durability Guidelines, if you have a BMI of 21 - 30, the density of any polyfoam needs to be at least 1.8 lb per cubic foot or higher.

Is there a particular reason you are looking for a zoned mattress?

Hopefully some of the resources above will be helpful to you. If you have more questions, you are always welcome to ask :slight_smile:

NikkiTMU