Need help finding a mattress

We Just purchased a Purple mattress, my husband loves it. I can’t sleep on it due to all the pain I feel during the night and upon waking (tossing and turning trying to get comfortable) ( no sleep at all). The Purple is very hard on my body I’ve only had it a week and sleep is impossible . I’ve had a Tuft and Needle but as it aged I found myself turning it every 3 days again because it was causing pain in my hips, back and lower spine. I need something softer than the Purple but not low quality with so many on the market it’s confusing. I don’t want to keep purchasing a new mattress every 3 or4 years. I’m a senior that wants to sleep more than 3 hours . Is there a quality mattress that will offer more comfort? I’ve done some research , but honestly it’s very confusing. Please help , I don’t see myself trying out and returning mattress for a year until I discover one that suits. Am I asking for too much.
last night I started to research all this complicated mattress information. I’ve found the difference between latex and memory foam… Now I understand why the memory foam doesn’t last. Now Dunlop vs Talalay. Natural vs Manmade added to latex? What’s the difference ?. How will this affect the quality of the mattress, the durability ? I’m tired of wasting my money on a product that promises everything but gives not so much. Also the chemicals used for fire retardant, what’s the point of getting all natural if it’s going to be doused with chemicals ? I want this to be my last mattress purchase. I just can’t afford this anymore. Can anyone give me answers. I’m exhausted, everything hurts , headaches that never stop , and sleep is a fantasy .
Avocado or Nest or Pure Green . I need simple answers . Please

Hi miso,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :).

I am sorry about Purple, and the sleepless nights, I can hear it in your voice. And yes it is crazy sometimes how complicated it can get.

Let me try to help, but I am not going to give you some straight reccomendation, it’s is still going to be up to you to do the work…it is worth it!

Also a quick note on latex…please uderstand that dunlop / talalay (process) and man made blend / natural (formula)…all of these options are very high quality materials, it is like comparing BMW/Mercedes, neither of those cars a “bad” they are all very good. I really reccomend you pay close attnetion to our memebers that have years of latex experience. You can see them listed here.

Also if you want read more on natural (NR) and synthetic (SBR) latex, and info on Dunlop/Talalay you can read Phoenix’s post here.

The companies you listed are good companies, Nest is one of our members, so we are very confident in transparancy and qulaity with all of our members. I am confident you can find a much better latex mattress focusing on a few of our members.

Thanks, it will be worth it soon!

Sensei

Thank you Sensei, I’ve done as suggested, lot’s of reading and information.
It’s mind boggling. Now I know which way to go and have some understanding of it all. Is there a reason that some companies are not listed here , is it that they don’t meet standards? I decided to go latex. The Latex Mattress factory was my first choice , my only concern is that there is a return shipping fee if things don’t work out , so it makes me nervous. I’ve found Sleep on Latex co. which is not listed as an expert . Would there be a reason for this. There are reviews but I’m not a trusting person after all the misinformation I’ve gotten over the years. So that leaves me again uneasy.
Stuck between a rock and cement. Do you have any insight into this mattress company.

Hi miso,

Just as a quick reply, both of these companies are very good companies and are both listed here as trusted members. . Our members are committed to high-quality components and transparency with their mattress construction.

Some members may not choose to be experts but it is not a reason to trust one or the other, it may be related to resources and time. Just FYI, talk to both companies, both have great reputations.

Thanks,
Sensei

Hello Miso

Thank you kindly for your inquiries! Both Sleep on Latex and Latex Mattress Factory are reputable companies. Both offer latex from the most reputable manufacturers in the world. You will not go wrong with either company.

I checked both company’s exchange policy and found that Latex Mattress Factory does have a one-time 30-day exchange policy on their latex layers. This is significant in that should you purchase a layer that is either too soft or too firm, you can exchange it once for a flat $45 fee.

I hope this info helps. Please let us know what you decide on. Good luck!

Hi I’m back, wow such a process. First I want to thank everyone , I could not have been able to get through this ordeal without all the information , and support I received . Thank You, Thank You.
I returned the " Purple mattress " , which I’m sure is great for many younger adults. I went with Dunlop from the Sleep on Latex company. I purchased the king size soft, at first I had doubts, thinking I should have gotten a Talalay which would have been softer . I have to say I was so wrong. This mattress is perfect for me , It no longer feels like I’m on a cement slab. I’ve gotten better sleep from day one .
It’s a heavy monster ( 145 lbs. ) but between my husband and I we got it on the platform. ( not as easy as you would think) the feel of it is incredible . It’s a well made mattress, I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to finally sleep and wake up rested and not battered. Thank you for have this fantastic site with so much information, Knowledge is the key . I appreciate you sharing your knowledge . Forever grateful , Thanks again to everyone who took the time to answer my questions and point me in the right direction.

Hello Miso

Thank you for the update! I am very happy to hear that you have found a mattress that is perfect for you! I love to hear success stories, so thank you very much! Happy sleeping!