Need help... total newbie

Keep the kid gloves on…

I have been reading far too much about mattresses in one day and my head is spinning. Here is my situation:

I have been sleeping on a al king latex mattress from Sleep Science purchased at Costco 3 years ago. All was pretty good for the first few years, but the last year I have been experiencing greater hip pain. I have begun to notice a sway on my side of the bed, at 6-5 and 250 lbs, probably to be expected, but not after 3 years.

I will be returning the bed to Costco.

Now I need advice on what to get. I sleep hot and have chronic degenerative disc issue in my lower back (L4-L5). Sleeping on my side is definitely my best option. Latex seemed like the correct choice, but I probably got what I paid for at Costco :frowning: . I live in Southern California north of San Diego (Temecula).

Following your advice to another post I have reviewed the options at Sleep EZ.

1. Should I be looking at 9, 10, or 13 inches?
  2. Should I use Talalay throughout or just on top with Dunlop in the lower layers?
  3. Is Sleep EZ by best option?
  4. Should I be looking at something other than latex?

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Hi dighoops,

The first place to start with any search for a new mattress is post #1 here. It has all the information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

Once you get to step 3 … then the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Temecula area are linked at the end of post #2 here.

Phoenix