Need help with the right one in Canada

Hi everyone,

Great wealth of knowledge here and been following a lot of posts.
Feel like being overwhelmed. Maybe this is how first time buyers feel when they want the right thing. I am hoping to get the right thing (I know right is very much everyones perception).

I am 5’10, 80Kgs, side and back sleeper. A light sleeper and toss turn quite often. Sometimes snore a bit.
The Mrs. Is 5’2, 60kgs, side and back sleeper, sleeps hot and snores, complains of back and shoulder pain often.

We are looking for something medium to medium firm, stays cool and alleviates shoulder/back pain with good balance on comfort and support.

Been looking at places like endy, juno, casper costco, novoform, douglas, IKEA and simply unsure where to head to since on a restrictive budget.

Live in Canada and the budget is about CA$800 for a Queen.

Bed frame is a wayfair with slats.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot

Hi Ubatavia,

As you probably know, any mattress you buy will be unique to you and your girlfriend and the sleepers using it., based on your stats(height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any underlying health conditions) and their PPP(posture and alignment, pressure relief and personal preferences). Thanks for providing your stats! Since you are both combo side/back sleepers and both want a mattress that sleeps cool, you may want to consider a latex mattress (or a latex top layer), since memory foam, by its’ nature, conforms to the sleepers allowing perspiration to ‘pool’ close to the surface of the skin, which is thereby warmed by the sleepers body temperature

Since firmness is quite subjective, I wouldn’t want to guess at which firmness level would be the best match for your needs. Your light weight and tendency towards pressure point soreness combined with shoulder/back pain would indicate going with a softer more conforming choice like medium but it still has to provide you with the level of support you require.

Of course this depends on your preferences – it sounds like you have already started doing some research; if you have not done so you may want to look at the Mattress Shopping Tutorial as well as The Mattress Specifications You Need To Know and the Mattress Durability Guidelines to get an idea of what to look for in a new mattress and what different components and materials to review and how these hold up over time.

Been looking at places like endy, juno, casper costco, novoform, douglas, IKEA and simply unsure where to head to since on a restrictive budget. Live in Canada and the budget is about CA$800 for a Queen

After reviewing the information provided above, you will be able to refine your options and select a mattress that aligns with the recommendations. The encouraging news is that all of these mattresses come with a trial period, allowing you ample time to try them out and determine if they meet your needs. In the event that a particular mattress doesn’t meet your expectations, you always have the option to return it and try another one until you find the perfect fit for you.

Bed frame is a wayfair with slats

Certainly, that should be sufficient. Just ensure that the slats have a center support system in place to effectively distribute the weight. It would also be beneficial to have additional reinforcement to rest the support on the floor, enhancing its stability and durability.

Did I answer all your questions?

If you can, please follow up with us once you’ve found the perfect mattress for you!

All the Best!

Mario