Need Help

I’m currently in the market for a new mattress. My wife and I have looked at memory foam beds, but found them very expensive and I’m a little concerned with the off gassing issues. Because of this, I’m interested in a more natural latex mattress. Can someone tell me the pro’s and con’s of a latex mattress. What’s the best brand of this type, and where can I go in the Columbus Ohio area to look and lay down on a latex mattress. I have to admit that I’m very confused and overwhelmed at this point on the whole buying a mattress process. I’m a side sleeper, is there any mattress better than the other for this style of sleeping? Thanks to whomever can provide some info.

Hi jarnholt,

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and avoid the worst ones.

This article has more about the pros and cons of latex and post #6 here has more about the different types of latex.

Outside of the importance of making sure a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences), a mattress is only as good as its construction and the materials inside it and since all the mattress manufacturers have the same or similar sources for the materials they use inside their mattresses … the specifics of what is inside a mattress is always more important than the name of the manufacturer on the label. Which mattress is “best” for you depends on the criteria of your personal value equation that are most important to you … not the brand.

Post #2 here and the links it includes has some generic information about different body types and sleeping positions but each person is different and unique so your own personal testing is the best way to know which mattress is most suitable for you.

Post #2 here includes the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Columbus, OH area.

Phoenix