Need new mattress in Atlanta

Can you recommend any specialty sleep stores in the metro Atlanta, Ga area? I am 77 yrs. old, need a new mattress, don’t have a lot of time and patience to spend running hither and yon. Have some back problems. Share bed with 13 lb. Shih Tzu and he is pretty particular.

Hi dormire,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … I would start your research with the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice.

I have no idea about how to choose a mattress for a Shih Tzu but hopefully what is “best” for you will also be best for him as well :slight_smile:

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Atlanta area are listed in post #2 here

Phoenix

:slight_smile: I can’t thank you enough for the service you provide on this website. Without it and you I would have “shopped blind.” I knew after reading that I really wanted a latex mattress. I went online and looked at the prices of latex mattresses and said “Forget that!”.
Then, on the basis of the info you sent me, I contacted Tucker Mattress Co. Went to meet the owner of this family owned (a couple) business and because of their low overhead, etc. I was able to have my custom made latex mattress!
I have had my mattress several days now, and together with my physical therapy, am on the way to solving my back problems.
By the way, Bosco, the Shih-Tzu loves the new mattress too!!
I can’t recommend the people at Tucker Mattress too highly. They were just great to deal with.

Hi dormire,

I’m thrilled that the site was a able to help you find a good manufacturer and a mattress that is working so well for you.

It sounds like you made a great choice and perhaps most importantly … it’s also great to see that Bosco loves the mattress as well !!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you ended up purchasing and for sharing your thoughts and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix