Need no-sagging mattress!!!

Need advice on buying a mattress that wont sag . I am waking up feeling like a truck ran over me!
I am a side sleeper with pain in my knees, hips, and shoulders.
What about latex?

Hi NormaSleeper,

The key to buying a mattress that doesn’t sag is to make sure that all the materials in your mattress are high quality, durable, and a suitable design regardless of which type of materials or components you prefer. The most important part of this is the comfort layers especially because they are the weak link of most mattresses regardless of their design and if your comfort layers are too thick and soft, if your support layers are too soft, and especially if the comfort layers use lower quality materials that will soften or break down more rapidly, you would be taking the risk of buying a mattress that ends up softening prematurely (and possibly sagging as well). Even if it doesn’t physically sag when you are not on the mattress, if it softens too quickly then you could lose the comfort and support that makes it suitable for you (and foam softening and the loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by a warranty).

Latex is the most durable of all the foam materials and maintains its properties for longer than other foams but even here if you make a choice that uses latex comfort layers that are too soft or thick for you then even a small amount of foam softening can put you outside the range of your needs and preferences more quickly even if the materials are far from the end of their useful life.

Post #1 here is always the best place to start and has the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible quality and value choices that have less risk of softening or sagging prematurely.

When you have pain all over when you wake up it’s quite possible that your mattress is too soft (or has become that way) in the support layers or too thick and soft in the comfort layers or both and that your spine, joints, muscles, and ligaments are “bending” or stretching out of their natural alignment.

Once you get to step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix