Need to decide on ticking before placing order

Hi samssf,

As far as I know the 8" special only comes with the unquilted cover … which is very nice by the way. There’s a picture of it in post #76 here (although this shows it as much darker than it is and it’s off white).

Some of the tradeoffs connected with a quilted or unquilted cover are in this article and post #16 here.

Like you I also like the idea of a wool mattress pad because I like the idea of sleeping on wool but I also know that over time it will compress and that it affects the mattress more. I bought a Naturaprotect Deluxe (on sale at Costco if I remember right) and now about a year and a half later the wool is much thinner and compressed under the hips especially although it was fairly thin to begin with compared to most of the other Natura mattress protectors (to affect the mattress less) so it’s not a huge issue. In hindsight I’d probably have chosen the St Dormeir which is also very high quality and thin and stretchy but doesn’t have the waterproof membrane so it’s only “water resistant” but more breathable.

Wool in a mattress pad is a little different than in the quilting in feel and doesn’t have to be used for fire protection (it’s not as integral a part of the mattress and stretches in from the sides more) but it has the option of replacing it if it thins out or compresses.

Overall it’s all about tradeoffs but either way the ticking at Sleepez is good quality.

Phoenix