Need to replace an Olympic Queen Mattress (66 x 80)

I am looking to replace my Simmons Olympic Queen mattress and need references of good quality mattress companies who can make a custom mattress in Georgia. I prefer the same or better quality than I had with my Simmons coil wrapped no movement beauty rest mattress. I am not sure who to trust to make a good mattress. I don’t just want a mattress that is the right size, I want it to feel good when I use it.
Thanks

I am one of the few who bought a Simmons Olympic Queen (66x80) bed set back in 2002. I am not sorry that I did because that mattress was the perfect size. and it gave us several years of good sleep. They stopped making it shortly after they started. I am looking for a reputable quality mattress company that makes custom mattresses that would be as good or better than the Simmons Olympic Queen Beauty Rest it replaces. Can you recommend some Mattress companies in the Smyrna, GA area that can make an Olympic Queen mattress? I need to replace it soon and I have been looking into replacing it with a Wink bed custom made Olympic Queen however I like to know all my options and would really prefer to try them out before I buy.
Thanks

Hi AMW,

I deleted your other post and added it to your post in this topic because they are almost the same and so I can keep my reply to just one topic.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability and PPP, the durability and useful life of the mattress. and the overall “value” of the mattress relative to your other finalists.

The best way to know whether another mattress will be a good “match” for you in terms of PPP and how well you are likely to sleep on it compared to your Simmons mattress will be based on your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial).

Outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) … the most important part of the value of a mattress is it’s durability and a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

I would avoid all the major brands (such as Simmons, Sealy, or Serta) or any other mattress that uses lower quality or “unknown” materials in the comfort layers especially which could be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability (see the guidelines here). No matter how it may feel in a showroom … if you purchase a mattress that uses lower quality and less durable materials that would be a weak link in the mattress then they can soften or break down and you may need to replace the mattress much too quickly relative to the price you paid because the premature loss of the comfort and support which was the reason you purchased the mattress isn’t covered by mattress warranties (see post #174 here).

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Atlanta area which would include Smyrna (subject to the quality/value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here. I don’t know which of them can build a custom size mattress so you may need to call and ask but it’s likely that the local factory direct manufacturers listed there would be able to help you and some of the retailers may be able to order a custom size from their manufacturer for you as well.

Phoenix