Need to replace Tempur-Pedic mattress but don't have Tempur-Pedic $$$...HELP!!

I’m losing a Tempurpedic mattress in my divorce and can’t afford to replace it but I’m hooked on memory foam and just can’t go back to a pillow top. Are there any memory foam mattresses that I can get a Queen size for around $500 that are worth buying??? I’m losing a Tempur-Pedic ContourSelect which is a firmer mattress. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Xmartian,

Hopefully you’ve read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

The tutorial post also has a link to some of the better sources for online memory foam mattresses I’m aware of but your budget is very low and there are not a lot of good quality options available although there are a few with thinner layers of memory foam. The good news is that memory foam mattresses that use thinner layers of memory foam are less costly and firmer which you appear to prefer so that works to your advantage.

If you also need a foundation then your budget probably won’t be enough to purchase a good quality memory foam mattress that meets the minimum guidelines suggested in post #10 here so if you are committed to memory foam you would need to look at lower quality memory foam which won’t be very durable.

Phoenix