Nest Bedding Love Bed

Hello!

This is a great website and forum! I’m writing to see if I can get some up to date information on the construction of the Nest Bedding Love Bed. There is some information that indicates that the Love Bed contains latex.

For example, see : Love Bed

And some other, including the Nest Bedding website, that indicates that they don’t (Disrupters)

Am I missing something? Or did the mattress construction change recently? If it did change what would be the pros and cons of the new construction vs the old construction?

Thanks!

Hi psrv,

The Love Bed was changed to a different design around March 20th.

The previous version used 3" convoluted synthetic continuous pour Dunlop on top of a 7" 2 lb convoluted polyfoam. The cover was quilted with about 1" - 1.5" of polyfoam (depending on the firmness choice) for a total height of about 10" - 11". These are all high quality materials and there were no lower quality materials or weak links in the design and it was suitable for any weight range.

You can see more information about their current design in post #2 here in the simplified choice topic but to recap the new version uses 2" of hole punched 2.7 lb energex high performance polyfoam on top of 1" of a 1.8 lb polyfoam transition layer on top of a 6" 1.8 lb polyfoam support core. The cover is quilted with about 2" of 1.5 lb polyfoam for a total height of about 10" to 11". Energex has some of the properties and point elasticity of memory foam but is a more resilient material and doesn’t have the slow response and temperature sensitivity of memory foam so it would be a little bit less resilient than the latex that was in the previous version.

While some people may prefer the “feel” of the new design because of the difference in the feel and properties of the Energex (which is closer to memory foam than latex) … because of the thicker quilting layer and the 1" 1.8 lb polyfoam transition layer and the slightly lower density of the base layer this would be a less durable mattress than their previous design so while it would be suitable for those that are in more average weight ranges … I would add a caution for those that are in higher weight ranges (in the 200’s or higher) in terms of durability and the likely useful life of the mattress.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
Thanks for the detailed response. I am a tad disappointed at the change; mainly because of the timing. I had done all my research in mid-March, when the wife and toddler were away, and had shortlisted the original Love Bed. Now, mid-April, when I’ve finally convinced my spouse that a new mattress would be beneficial, they go and change it on me! I don’t think this new Love Bed would have made my shortlist, but I’ll probably go to their store and try it out anyway.
Thanks again!

Hi psrv,

You certainly have many good options available to you (both locally and online) and if there is a Nest Bedding close to you then it also has the advantage of being able to test it in person so you can use your own careful testing to decide whether it’s a good “match” for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix