New Budget Latex Mattress Advice

Hi reijam,

To make a meaningful comparison you would need to find a local mattress that used a blended Talalay latex comfort layer in a similar thickness, a similar firmness level for the support layers, and that had a similar quilted cover. There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here but if a mattress you test locally uses a substantially different design or different materials then it would be a very subjective comparison at best. While I know how tempting it can be … I would also be strongly aware that each person can have a very different idea about how two different mattresses compare.

If you have a general sense from your testing that you tend to prefer mattresses that the stores you are visiting indicate are in a softer, medium, or firmer range and this is a clear pattern then I would include this information in your conversation with Chuck so you can help them to help you make the best possible choice.

If you do decide to do some local testing then the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Hawaiian Islands are listed in post #269 here but you would need to call them to see if any of them carry a latex hybrid on their floor that would be similar and and that they would disclose the type and blend and firmness level of the latex to make more “exact” comparisons.

Phoenix