New CozyPure Mattress and Platform Bed. Fantastic sleep system

Well, we setup our new bed frame and mattress. We currently have a CozyPure 12 inch 3 layer system with the LaNoodle topper. That system is going on 11 years old and is like new with no indentations. Sure, we have to fluff the LaNoodle toppers every now and then. The new design of the current model of LaNoodle topper does not need fluffing. We now have a vacation home just 25 miles from the CozyPure factory, so my wife visited again over the winter and picked out the 10 inch Caress in “soft.” Our current 12 inch is also the “soft” configuration. We did not get another LaNoodle topper, but we can always add it if we feel like we want it. It took 6 weeks for the platform frame to arrive from Utah. It comes from Nomad Furniture. They have additional styles on their website if you don’t like the styles on the CozyPure site, but cost with shipping is about the same as it is if you order through CozyPure. It took us a about 20 minutes to assemble the frame. Really simple. Easy and clear instructions, and there is a set of pictures on the Nomad site if the printed instructions are confusing. Building the frame takes a rubber mallet (cover the mallet head with a plastic bag) and a Phillips screwdriver.

We got the King size Caress mattress which weighs nearly 150 lbs. The only snafu was that it was delivered to the wrong address 2 blocks away, and that bugger is too heavy and large to move without a truck. So, a few hours later, they found it and re-delivered it. We had some neighbors help us carry it into the bedroom. I recommend having some help to carry it inside the residence to the bedroom. I think the next door neighbors will be CozyPure customers soon.

That’s it. It is just perfect. It’s not as plush as the 12 inch mattress with the topper, but other than the plushness, it is still the ideal support and comfort for us. There is no smell. And once again the quality of the matelassé organic cotton and wool cover is impeccable. Even the bottom quilted side is beautiful and soft. The new LaNoodle pillows now have a zipper, so you can add extra fill if you desire. I thought the fill was perfect. We have enjoyed the first 3 nights on the new system. Feels very much like the 12 inch system. Thanks, Cheryl, Susan, and Hans. You guys are so helpful. Can’t say enough good things about CozyPure customer service, quality, and value. Sleep well, friends.

1 Like

Hi TDI_Hoo,

Congratulations on your new sleep solution from @CozyPure! What a fantastically detailed report of your experience with CozyPure’s Caress Mattress & LaNoodle Topper, as well as your personal interaction with the their wonderful team during your visit. Also good to hear that your 11 year old 12" CozyPure mattress is in great shape and still provides you with the same level of comfort and support as when you first bought it.

As you probably know CozyPure has been a Trusted Member for over a decade, and they have always provided excellent, well-made quality sleep solutions at a very good price given the quality of materials they use. As you know, they manufacture and ship all their offerings from their self-sufficient factory in Norfolk, VA., thus cutting out any ‘middleman’ which allows them to keep prices down.

It’s always good to hear a ‘first person’ report, which may be especially useful for those consumers that might not be able to visit CozyPure showroom but are considering CozyPure purchase online. For the same reason, I greatly appreciate that you provided such detailed information about CozyPure’s Nomad Platform, and included the photos - an added bonus! Very well done! There’s nothing better than sleeping well and enjoying every moment of it.

Again congratulations for your new mattress purchase from @CozyPure! Thank you for sharing!

~ Basilio

Hi TDI_Hoo,

Thank you for all your reviews about the Cozy Pure mattresses (I just found them today)!! have been looking at and dreaming about this one for awhile along with a few others. Your reviews caught my attention because your wife and I are basically the same size and finding the right firmness level has been super hard for me. I am not close to their store, so cannot try their mattresses out which is one reason (along with cost), I have not purchased yet.

I have however tried other latex mattresses and tried to find one close to the same build as the Caress. The only problem is the one I tried had a 3” Talalay topper layer which was amazing and I know Cozy Pure uses only Dunlop.

So you did the Soft in the Caress purchase and I wondered if the layers were Soft, medium and firm, or something else? The one I tried that was close was a 3” soft Talalay, 2” soft middle Dunlop, and a 6” medium Dunlop base. Also is the latex zoned like your old mattress? I wasn’t sure if it was anymore. And if you stated that I apologize as I’ve read a lot today and can’t remember everything I’ve read.

I am thrilled with the quality and that it’s held up. I do like the hotel collection because it comes with a lot of things I want. And is similar in price to the others I’ve tried without the extras.

One other question…did you ever have to do a layer swap? I dont think you stated you had to which is also pretty awesome! Thanks so much if you have time to respond to this. Your reviews have been very helpful.

Thanks,
Sophie

1 Like

Congrats on your mattress!

Why do they like putting latex on a slatted base. A solid base seems like there would be less “drooping”.

John

Dear Sophie,
I don’t recall at all the layer densities. When we ordered the 2 layer set for the vacation house last year, Hans and Cheryl had the configuration of the 3 layer system in their database and we got the middle and bottom layers of the 3 layer system. I found it really comfy with the La Noodle topper, but just a few months ago, my wife wanted to get the 3rd, upper layer that we have on the 3 layer set at home. So we used the Mattress Underground discount and another discount from referring a friend to Cozy Pure, and purchased the top layer identical to the one from 11 plus years ago, which looks like egg crate but is latex. The third layer fit easily inside the zippered mattress casing. I can’t tell a big difference, but my wife likes having the identical system at both houses. Really nice to be able to switch/add layers. Easy to call Cozy pure and talk to them by phone. I bet they can sort out the softness for you. So, we never swapped on the original set at home, and just added a 3rd layer to one at the vacation home to make it identical. I sleep like a rock on anything. Just got back from my college reunion and slept in a dorm room on a firm, plasticky mattress. For a few nights I was fine. Cozy Pure is much, MUCH nicer.
Cheers.

For the first Cozy Pure set, we already had bed frame with slats, but they were not close enough together for the latex mattress, so we got the box spring/foundation for that bed. Fantastic quality from Cozy Pure. For the vacation house we just got the platform bed that they sell. Easy to assemble and the slats support the latex. No drooping in between the slats. These latex mattress retailers know what they are doing, me thinks. Carry on. Sleep well.

Here is the 3rd, top layer we added in April. We just went over to Cozy Pure, put it in the car and drove home. The one layer weighs more than 30 lbs in king size.

1 Like