New Flobeds Big & Tall vZone Natural Latex Reviewed

We went up to Fort Bragg on Saturday and brought home our new bed…I’m a believer! First night of sleep I woke up the next morning and there was daylight, I almost never wake up when it’s light out! Second morning, slept right up to the alarm, again, that rarely ever happens. Third morning, up early but felt great, no stiff back. Fourth morning up at alarm time and feeling great! Today I turned alarm off and fell back to sleep…late for work! This bed is great! Fiance very happy too, I thought she might balk at spending this much on a bed but she was on board and agrees it’s wonderful. She especially likes that it is chemical free and we aren’t going to throw it in a landfill in a few years!

Prior to visiting I messaged Dewey to see if we would be able to buy the bed and take it home, he said everything would be ready and they’d set up a display bed to our specs based on their program. Dewey came in special to see us, we were loaded up and ready to go in an hour. Great customer service and great product!

We wound up with the Big & Tall V-Zone Natural Latex:

My side
X-firm V-Zone
X-firm
Super Firm
X-firm

Her side
Firm V-Zone
Firm
X-firm
Super Firm

Took me an hour and forty-five minutes to set everything up and make the bed with sheets and covers - every component was top quality, including the beefed up European slat foundation.

Usually I second guess myself after major purchases, haven’t given this decision a second thought - we are very happy!

I’m a believer! I think I already said that, ha!

Hi HeavyG,

Thank you for following up with the update, and most of all, congratulations on your new mattress! :cheer: You certainly chose a product using high quality materials.

I’m glad Dewey was able to assist you directly. I think highly of the knowledge that Dewey and his family offer at FloBeds. It’s also good that you live close to their showroom and were able to test out the configuration suggested in person – that’s an extra bonus, especially with a zoned product (although they are very good with recommendations online via their years of experience). The Big and Tall V-Zone adds an extra latex layer (and also coir and horsehair) to provide the appropriate comfort and durability that is popular for those in a higher BMI or athletic range.

I’m glad that you are happy with your purchase, and I hope that you’ll be able to follow up with comments about your new mattress after you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while longer.

Phoenix

We also took advantage of the Mattress Underground 5% discount!

Another observation, there is absolutely no noise when moving around on this bed…no more box-spring or frame squeaks…I can get in-and-out without disturbing my partner…the European slat system and legs are confidently sturdy…

Hi HeavyG,

I’m glad you took advantage of the TMU membership of FloBeds for your 5% off!

One of the benefits of a latex sleep system is the low noise level, and the tension adjustable slat system you purchased is indeed very well made.

Phoenix

I will continue to update…talking with my fiance about our new bed she said that she has been able to sleep on her back for the first time in years (normally a side and sometime tummy sleeper) because of the lumbar support.

She’s had plush mattresses before, including memory foam, but even though she likes a soft bed, they did not provide the support she needed in her lumbar region…the FloBed is working well for her. Initially she thought she would want more “softness” but decided to go with Dewey’s recommendation knowing we can go softer in first 100 days if necessary, so far the recommended combination is working well…for both of us!

Hi HeavyG,

Thanks again for the update. I’m happy that the zoning is working well for your fiancé. Picking out a zoned product can be quite tricky, which is why I suggest consulting with a knowledgeable retailer or manufacturer for configuration of such a product. I’m glad Dewey’s suggestions are working so far.

I’m looking forward to your future updates.

Phoenix