New here and would love some feedback

Hi nancy361,

This is exactly what you would need to know and what he is saying is accurate. You will find much better transparency and more importantly quality and value here than what you were looking at. You will also find the knowledge and experience to help you make good choices based on your testing in the store and any discussions with them about your needs and preferences. They will help you choose the best they have (for you) within your budget.

I have talked with John there on several occasions and I think highly of them. I would not “pre-select” what you may prefer before going there and work with him and your own testing on his mattresses.

The two suggestions I would have are to let him know you are coming and when so you can meet with him when you get there (he is probably the most knowledgeable person there) and I would tend to focus on the mattresses they make themselves because they would usually be the best value.

You are heading in a good direction IMO :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Wanted to update you on our purchase…Went to magic sleeper in pottstown, PA…small showroom of their beds, not many to choose from actually, another room had Eclipse and symbol beds…John wasnt going to be there the day we had avail to go, but an older man Nils was…he was so-so as far as help and info…we were going to buy the marquise bed…We decided to wait and go ck out beds at VERLO…Boy are we glad we didnt buy from magic sleeper…
JOHN at Verlo in broomall PA was VERY knowledgeable, he MAKES the beds there…He took us in the back and showed us everything, all the materials and frames and springs coils you name it…talked about types of materials that were junk and then what they use…tried several beds in the showroom from different lines they have…and found excalibur pillowtop, 1400 bucs and we got to see all of whats going into it… and have it by wednesday the 3rd…plus we have a yr and if any adjustments we want they will do free…as long as we have the bed if there is a problem or our needs change we bring bed to them and they will redo or add or change for us, and pay cost of materials…so it all sounds great to us…He asked how i found them and i said this forum and Phoenixs info, and he says lots of people come in and say thats how they found them too and that the person running forum is very knowledgeable and knows their stuff…

SO there you have it…Thanks again for all the help and info from this site!!! Im going to spread the word about that place to people and this forum…Thanks

Nancy

Hi nancy361,

It’s a shame you didn’t have a chance to meet up with John at magic sleeper (there have been a few reports on the forum that he is the one there that has the knowledge that people from this forum would be looking for).

The good news though is that you did “connect” with someone who really did have the knowledge to help you make a good decision.

The Excaluibur is a microcoil mattress that uses small pocket coils in the pillowtop which are more durable than the more typical polyfoam and they are also very comfortable (at least the ones that I have tried). You are also not the only one who likes this mattress (as you can see here).

So congratulations on your new mattress … and it’s great to see that you ended up with such a good choice :slight_smile:

I think that your experience also goes to show that if you have the help of an “expert” (and even one will do) then the choice of a mattress ca be much simpler and easier … and even enjoyable!

I hope you have the chance to give us your feedback when you’ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Things have a way of turning out…I called magic sleeper to ask if he would be there when we planned on going, she said he was leaving by 4 but Nils would be here and is very knowledgeable…Nils wasnt that helpful at all…Plus their selection of beds they make wasnt much to choose from…

So yea, it worked out better at VERLO…and yes ill come back say within a month and let you all know

Thanks again for all the info you have here and help to guide consumers to a better path…

Just thought id let you all know, the new bed from VERLO factory is pretty nice. comfortable and we love it…we have the 30 days up to a yr to get it modified if we want to, they will come get it and do whatever it is we may want done for more comfort, then return it to us free of charge…then for the life of the bed as long as we have it, we can bring it to them if we want adjustments or material added etc, but we will have to pay for materials we choose…so seems to me a good deal…as long as we have the bed, if 6yrs from now we want it adjusted or changed up all we pay for is materials and we have to get it there and take it home…like getting a new bed if you wanted it modified…def worth it

thanks again to you…

Hi nancy361,

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

I agree with you this is a great service and is one of the real advantages of dealing with a manufacturer who offers this kind of service. It certainly adds to the value of your purchase!

Phoenix