New mattress for our 3yo

Ok I know you guys must get this all the time but I am really amazed at all the great info on this site. I wish I had run into this site before I purchased our other mattresses. Absolutely fantastic, thank you!

Now on to my problem. We made a commitment to our girls that we will be putting up their bunk beds this weekend. I need to find a twin size mattress for their bed (already have one) and during my initial research on this site I’ve come up with two:

Tuft and Needle and Ultimate Dreams Latex. I just wanted to get some feedback as to everyone’s thoughts on these choices.

Thank you ahead of time!

Hi Nnyan,

Post #2 here includes links to most of the better forum topics about children and mattresses that may be helpful.

A forum title search on “year old” (you can just click this) will bring up about 5 pages of posts (20 to a page) to scan through that will include parents with children in the same age range as yours that were looking for a mattress…

Both of the options you are considering are members here (which means I think very highly of them) and they would make good quality/value choices but I would also make sure you talk with them to make sure they are firm enough for your girls (or that you choose a suitable firmness level) because children tend to need a firmer sleeping surface than most adults.

Phoenix

Just following up, after some more research (on Mattresses and on children’s needs) we opted for the Ultimate Dreams from DreamFoam. We’ve had the mattress for almost two months and both our kids love it. In fact we’re considering replacing our older childs innerspring mattress (and ours) since we all like this mattress so much.

Hi Nnyan,

Thanks for the update and feedback and for letting us know what you ended up deciding.

I think you made a great choice and from the sounds of it your kids and the rest of the family does as well!

Congratulations on your new mattresses(es) :).

Phoenix