New mattress similar to Tempur-SIMPLICITY Firm

Hello all,

I am looking to replace my queen Tempur-Simplicity Firm. I love everything about mine, the firmness, low profile, motion isolation etc. but I had a spill, and unbeknownst to me my mattress encasement had failed. Moisture got to the foam it started to mold (Yuck!). Apparently the simplicity line was discontinued not long after I bought mine in 2012. It seems Tempurpedic no longer make a similar entry level memory foam other than their version of a bed-in-a-box, which only comes in a medium firmness. I am also on a budget and trying to stay at or under $1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I read some reviews of Tempurpedic Simplicity. It looks like it is quite firm. Current mattressee could be Pro Adapt Firm and Luxe Adapt Firm. I found a good deal on LAF for $1200 Cal King on craigslist. Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme is from Costco and you can return it. Too expensive? Do Doordash for a couple of weeks.

Let me know which you pick.

John

Hi MtnBrownCoat.

Sorry to hear mold took over the mattress you liked and also that it’s no longer in production. While I can’t tell you what would be a close approximation without knowing the composition of the mattress, I can give you a few resource to take a look through as you embark on a new mattress journey!

You may wish to start with these five tips first. Our Mattress Shopping Guideline is also worth a gander.

And, of course, always feel free to come back with questions that arise as you start considering mattresses!

NikkiTMU