New simmons, 12 days in and already has a trough where I sleep

I need to know if this is normal, or if I should send this mattress back and try again…

On Sept 20, took delivery of a brand new simmons “Heavenly Bed Mattress” This is the Westin mattress, sold on the Westin store. It was $1800

Set it up on the westin provided frame and box spring.

After 10-12 days, there is already a trough where I sleep. Ditto for spouse.

I am just a plain 165lb guy. Nothing special. I don’t think I am abusing the bed in any way.

My part of the bed is 1-2" lower than the central, unslept portion of the mattress.

Live with it, or try another mattress?

Hmm. Very odd.

I can’t comment on replacement of the bed, but I bought the Westin Heavenly Bed back in Spring 2006. It replaced a Simmons Beautyrest Royalty that I had purchased in 1987

Paid $900 for that mattress. I remember at the time it was around $1200, but I did some wheeling and dealing. .

The Beautyrest was still marginally O.K. when I replaced it and it was a great bed. I had slept on the Westin bed many times on business trips and it turned out to be a fantastic bed also.

Ended up paying $1100 for the Westin, which considering what I paid some 20 years earlier for the Beautyrest Royalty, I did not think was half bad.

For both mattresses, that included box spring and delivery (and for the first mattress, a low-end steel frame, which I still use).

So, our Westin is 10 years old and no noticeable problems. Wife and I still both love it.

Of course, things change and possibly the build process has also.

But, if it were me, and know that I really am NOT a mattress expert, I would ask for a replacement.

Hope if you do get a new one, it works as well for you as it did for us.

Hi jramirez:

I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience with your new mattress.

If possible, I’d suggest that you return the mattress for a refund. In general, the brand you’re describing doesn’t use very high quality materials and your body impressions certainly aren’t going to get any better over time.

If you are able to get a refund, consider reading the Mattress Shopping Tutorial from this web site to assist you in starting the process over in how to buy a mattress. It’s a really helpful guide.