New Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze???

My parents have been saving money for years in order to replace their worn out innerspring mattress, and are about ready to pull the trigger on a new Termpurpedic Rhapsody Breeze. They have made multiple trips to try out beds and seem to gravitate towards this one. However, can’t imagine at $4500, this setup scores very well on the value scale. So, a few questions…

(1) What are the top three cost/value options that mirror the Rhapsody Breeze?
(2) They live near Memphis, TN. What local options are available to them?
(3) If they are stuck on the Rhapsody Breeze, what are their options to acquire the best price.

Thanks for this great forum and for any replies. Best wishes,

BigBill

Hi BigBill,

I don’t have a top 3 but there is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here. The tutorial post includes this link to a list of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of. Several of these sell a mattress that uses the Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze as a reference point and all of them would be able to tell you which of the mattresses they sell would be closest to the Rhapsody Breeze.

For reference and to the best of my knowledge … you can see the specs of the Rhapsody Breeze in post #3 here.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Memphis area are listed in post #2 here.

Tempurpedic is price controlled and a dealer risks losing their license to sell Tempurpedic if they start discounting so you won’t be able to negotiate a better price and the best you could do is have a retailer add some extra benefits (pillows, bedding, delivery etc) with your purchase.

Phoenix

Hello Phoenix,

I happened to stumble upon your website a couple days back and have been hooked since! I have to first start off by thanking you for your dedication and hard work in helping so many people choose the perfect mattress and at an affordable price! My husband and I almost bought the Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze last weekend, but since it was a lot of money we wanted to come back home and do some research online before making our decision and voilĂ , here we are! :smiley:

I’ve been reading up on how to choose the best mattress and so my husband and I paid another visit to a (different) sleep train outlet to get a feel for which general ‘type’ of mattress we like. We both ended back on the Rhapsody Breeze and the lady gave us a quote for $3100 ‘out the door’ including the simple foundation & 2 pillows because she was able to find a floor model for the mattress.

However, we were disappointed that we didn’t get to try out any latex mattresses as they didn’t carry any. From reading about latex mattresses on your site, we are looking forward to actually trying out one of these in order to get a feel of what it’s like! Would you be able to recommend some local manufacturers around our area? Our zip code is 95814.

In the meantime however, we looked at some of the manufacturers you recommended, including sleepez, select foam, dreamfoam bedding and a local manufacturer in Covina, CA, flexuscomfort. It seems like the 100% talalay offered by sleepez as part of their organic latex line is the way to go but this is all so overwhelming for us right now as we never thought it would be this hard to pick one! Currently though our mattress, which happens to be a ‘throw away’ from family that we gladly took when we moved here, is giving way and has no support whatsoever. It was bad to begin with but has increasingly become worse! (It’s an medium/soft innerspring) What makes it worse is that both my husband and I have neck pain (spinal degeneration) caused by whip-lash.

Any thoughts that you may have besides recommendations of local manufacturers where we can actually try a latex mattress would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Gabby

Hi Gabby77,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Sacramento area are listed in post #5 here and there are a number of them were you would be able to test a fairly wide variety of latex mattresses.

The more general suggestions I have are all in the tutorial post and if you follow the steps there one by one then you will almost certainly be fine and of course if you get “stuck” anywhere along the way you can always ask any more specific questions you have on the forum.

Once you have done your initial reading and know what to look for and what to avoid, set your budget, and chosen the manufacturers or retailers you wish to deal with … and done some local testing to find out the types of materials and mattresses you tend to prefer … then it really boils down to the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase (see post #13 here) which are …

1. Careful and objective testing for PPP (or alternatively a more detailed conversations on the phone with an online retailer or manufacturer if you can’t test a mattress in person)

2. Making sure you know the type and quality of the materials inside any mattress you are considering to identify any weak links and so you can make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

3. Compare each of your final choices based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply Phoenix. We are planning on checking out the recommended manufacturers this or next weekend. Will let you know how it goes!

Regards,
Gabby

Hi Gabby,

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way :slight_smile:

Phoenix