New Wood Foundation-U.S. Box Spring

Had a great experience with US Box Spring:

I was seconds away from ordering a new mattress when I discovered (thanks to this forum) that my 12 year old Simmons boxspring was not an appropriate base for the latex model I had decided on. I found US Box Spring listed on TMU and promptly ordered a wood foundation, which has suitable slats for latex (and can support up to 1500 pounds!) It was very easy to order–someone from the company even called to confirm the order and size. The foundation shipped quickly and arrived on the east coast within a week. While the box was too huge and heavy for me to lug up my front steps by myself, I was able to open the carton and carry the 3 or so bundles of wood inside (I did struggle a bit with the largest pieces, but I am a small person). I assembled the wood frame on my living room floor (approx time:15min) before my partner arrived home. I just needed help moving the frame into the bedroom so the slats and cover could be attached. I don’t yet have a new mattress, but the old one felt SO much better on this new foundation : ) I am trying to live with less toxic and allergy-causing"stuff" in my life, and I like the fact this item is just wood, metal hardware & cotton. If you need a new foundation, check out US Box Spring as an option! #verypleased

1 Like

Hi FrereJacques - and welcome back to the forum after 2 years!

Thanks for the feedback on Trusted Member U.S. Box Spring; they have been with us for many years and you covered your experience with great detail! Many times what we feel to be a ‘worn out’ mattress is also being affected by an incorrect or worn out base or frame. With that weight capacity, you should be able to use almost any bed on it, weight wise, and the slatted construction will allow for air flow under the latex mattress. Wishing you many comfortable nights going forward!

~ Basilio