Newbie in Dallas/Ft Worth needs help

Haven’t bought a new mattress in quite a while, but we moved & now have a King bed frame, so …

Husband is a big guy- 6’, weight about 300lbs. I’m short & chunky (women never tell!). We both sleep hot, so I’d like to make a wise choice on a quality mattress. We both like firm, with possibly a pillowtop for surface softness.

This site is wonderful & I’ve been learning and testing mattresses locally. I’m fairly certain we should forgo Tempurpedic, due to the hot sleep concern, but I am very interested in latex- both for comfort, as well as alergies. I went to Weirs & tried a Kluft that seems to fit the bill, without breaking the bank. And The Dump had a Beard that felt AWESOME, but there is no return policy & it cost slightly more than Tempurpedic.

Any ideas/suggestions about where & what to buy would be greatly appreciated. And also where to try a pure talalay latex in the DFW area?

Thanks!

Karen

Hi Karma2m.

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible and most suitable choice for you … and know how to avoid the worst ones.

Once you get to step 3 … then the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Dallas / Ft Worth area are listed in post #4 here and the rest of the thread has information and feedback that may be useful as well.

Phoenix