North Jersey Mattress Advice- Shovlin Nirvana

Hey all,

I’ve been reading through this site and forums for the past month and was hoping to get more reviews or experience with the Shovlin Nirvana Mattress. We live in northen New Jersey and was able to stop by thier showroom to try out a few beds but I’d like to hear more from owners who’ve had the bed for a couple months or longer.

Also would like to know if there are any other retailers we should be checking in our area. For us price is not an issue as we’re just looking for a quality king sized bed that will last for a long time.

I’ve been using cheap online memory foam mattresses for about 8 years now and figured it’s time to invest in a proper mattress. I don’t think I can go back to traditional spring mattresses as they feel much too firm. To be honest I’m not really sure what type of bed I’m looking for, possibly something with a more plush but supportive feel.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey 08esmera,

Welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

[quote]I’ve been reading through this site and forums for the past month and was hoping to get more reviews or experience with the Shovlin Nirvana Mattress. We live in northen New Jersey and was able to stop by thier showroom to try out a few beds but I’d like to hear more from owners who’ve had the bed for a couple months or longer.
[/quote]

Congrats on your new mattress shopping journey :slight_smile: ! Thanks for considering TMU trusted member Shovlin Mattress Factory, I regard them highly in terms of expertise, quality and support post-sale. Good to hear too that you are able to make safe store visits as on site mattress testing is ideal when possible. To better understand what mattress may be a match for your personal preferences, it would be helpful to know some details about who will be using the mattress in terms of height, weight and sleeping position(s). As you may know, understanding your personal statistics is one of the first considerations when shopping for a new mattress and you may find Phoenix’s article, "Determing Your Personal Statistics"of use for more on that subject.

[quote]Also would like to know if there are any other retailers we should be checking in our area. For us price is not an issue as we’re just looking for a quality king sized bed that will last for a long time.
[/quote]

Shovlin Mattress Factory would be the TMU recommended resource of choice in the area; however, you could ask for their ideas of what other manufacturers/ showrooms in the area who are quality/ trustworthy as well. With the constant changing retail landscape, it is impossible to maintain a geographical database of mattress manufacturers and why the unique TMU Trusted Member program was created. I did a quick TMU site search using the term “Shovlin Nirvana Mattress” and found this post, there may be others as well.

After review of the above Phoenix article, as well as “The Basic Functions of a Mattress: Overview”,“Different Types and Categories of Mattresses” and “Mattress Durability Guidelines”, you will likely have a clearer idea of what type mattress you are interested in.

Looking forward to hearing your reply and how your research progresses.

Thanks,
Sensei

I don’t know if you already made your choice but we have a Shovlin mattress in our spare room that’s 16 years old going all the way back to when they were the Mattress Factory in East Hanover. Ours is a traditional innerspring flip type with a double offset coil unit inside, I think. After a while we decided it had too much motion transfer for our liking which is why it got moved into the spare room after only 3 years in the master bedroom, but it still looks and feels brand new with no sagging. These days I prefer a pocket coil mattress but I didn’t know about the differences between spring types way back when we bought it.

The Nirvana is a totally different kind of mattress but my opinion is that the company makes high quality products that are built to last. If you found the Nirvana mattress comfortable when you tried it out then I predict it would serve you well for quite a while. The company also goes the extra mile to resolve any issues. Our mattress felt too firm when we first got it, and they took it back and re-made it for us. Again that was years ago but I understand they still do that.

, and they will go the extra mile to make sure you’re happy. Ours turned out to be too firm at first and they took it back and re-made it for us. If you