Novasbed Aria Mattress

Hi,

I am new to the forum and this is where I actually made my decision to purchase my Aria mattress from Novasleep. Like others noticed the reviews from a google search looks to be done by employees of the company, so finding information and reviews has been rough to say the least. But like I said I ordered one and it came today! Here is hoping for the best.

Starting off, ordering was easy. I did not have to pay tax, got free shipping on my king mattress and received two free pillows. I ordered it on Friday afternoon and it came today on Wednesday. That is some pretty quick free shipping for a 125lb mattress!

I went home over my lunch break today to set it up. Saw the extremely heavy package at the front door and brought it inside.
For starters I was disappointed at the package it was shipped in. The cardboard was torn, I coudl easily see the matress inside through a big hole, and it was not taped together very well and right when i set the package up to try and lift it, the mattress fell out of the side of the package. To Novasbed’s credit, the mattress was very well inclosed in plastic so there was not any visible defects from the lack of secure packaging.

After dragging the matress upstairs to get it ready, i took off the plastic and laid it out. The mattress returned to its true form very quickly and is now set up on box springs as it sits for a couple hours before we use it.

So far so good (other then the shipping box) and I will update as my wife who is 7 months prego and I sleep on it in the coming week.

Hi sozzeled,

First of all … congratulations on your new mattress … I think you made a good quality/value choice :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback as well … I appreciate it!

I have noticed that this is a very common experience with online purchases and that courier companies seem to have the unique ability to damage or destroy cardboard packaging. In most cases the insides are still fine because most online manufacturers know to “expect” this and wrap their mattresses very securely inside the cardboard.

I’m also looking forward any updates and comments you have the chance to share with us once you have slept on the mattress for a bit.

Phoenix

Yes, it definitely looked like FedEx used and abused that package. I am not sure how prepared they are for a single driver to deliver a 120lb mattress.

Night one on the mattress my neck killed me. I have read this can happen from a transition to a memory foam mattress from a spring mattress. I also may need to look into a different pillow.

Night two I did not have any neck pains and slept pretty good. So far so good and we are happy with our purchase as scary as ordering a mattress online it.

Also yesterday Novasbed tried to call us and sent us an email making sure everything was to our liking. That is some unexpected customer service that was appreciated.

I’ll update again in about two weeks.

Hi sozzeled,

[quote]Night one on the mattress my neck killed me. I have read this can happen from a transition to a memory foam mattress from a spring mattress. I also may need to look into a different pillow.

Night two I did not have any neck pains and slept pretty good. So far so good and we are happy with our purchase as scary as ordering a mattress online it.[/quote]

It can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to any new sleeping surface and for a new mattress to break in although for some people and for some mattresses it can take longer or shorter. As you mentioned it’s also quite common to need a new pillow because you may be sinking in to a different depth than your old mattress and need a different thickness for your pillow to to keep your head and neck in good alignment.

Thanks for sharing another update :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just a quick update.
So far so good. I have slept on the mattress for 4 night now and I have not slept this well in a long time. Assuming all is well down the road, this is where we will purchase our new mattresses as our kids grow up out of cribs.
I was worried about getting to hot as I did on the spring mattress but this has yet to happen.

Thanks for the great product and service Novasbed.

Probably my last update. Its been about a year with this mattress so far. It’s been an amazing experience, my wife and I sleep excellent every night. This mattress has even been peed on 2x by kids and the cleanup was very easy.

I fully recommend this brand and line of product.

Hi sozzeled,

It’s uncommon that the forum members share their longer term experiences on a mattress so thanks for taking the time to return and share your update and feedback after a year … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s great to see that your Aria mattress worked out so well for you!

Phoenix