Olejo/usbeds.com/adjustablebeds.org

After starting my process thinking we’d start with a latex topper, then moving on to realizing we need to replace our whole mattress instead, I’m now looking into adjustable bases as well. I can definitely see how this could be helpful to us, so thought I’d explore a bit more.

I really like the Reverie Deluxe, and know it’s very similar to the Tempurpedic bases. Unfortunately, I don’t see the Reverie listed many places online (and don’t believe it’s available locally). I did find it at adjustablebeds.org (an Olejo store) after reading a post or two from Phoenix discussing adjustable beds. However, when I look for reviews on the company, I don’t see many good ones. I do realize that people are more inclined to review a retailer when they’ve had a bad experience. I also realize from reading Phoenix’s posts that Mattress Firm bought this company a couple of years ago.

Does anyone here have recent (within the last two years) experiences with this group? I saw Jermy4’s issues as well as another TMU user (chip maybe?). Phoenix, I know you purchased from them in the past, do you have a feeling for who they are now that they’ve been bought out?

Thanks!

Hindsight is always 20/20 and the reverie, leggett and platt, & ergomotion adjustable beds all have models that are fairly similar in feature sets with varying prices. There are some local stores around me that sell reverie adjustable beds but the prices are pretty much exactly double what olejo charges.

To look for local places that sell that you can check this page on reverie’s site: Stores

There is also a member of this forum that sells reverie adjustable bases and the prices are just a tad bit higher than olejo: https://www.flexuscomfort.com/Adjustable-Beds.html (I don’t know if they would be willing to offer 5% off for forum members for adjustable bases or if they are willing to price match olejo but it would certainly be worth a try)

Hi distracted12,

I don’t have any recent experience with them outside of a few phone calls with some questions which they answered (including when I called recently about mislisting the Reverie specs which they corrected … finally) but since adjustable beds are more of a commodity I personally wouldn’t have any issue with buying an adjustable bed there if I had done my research and they had the best “value” for the adjustable bed that I wanted to purchase.

The adjustable bed thread here also has some other sources for adjustable beds that you can use for price comparisons and Florida Mattress Centers also carries Reverie so you can use them as well for Reverie pricing comparisons.

Although Jermy4’s experience was certainly an exception … outside of delivery issues there isn’t too much that can go wrong with an adjustable bed purchase if the business is a legitimate business and you know the specifics of what you are purchasing.

Phoenix