opinion on Belgian manufacturer VELDA

Hello,
Please tell me your experiences with this manufacturer, if possible with model Physio.
Quality of workmanship, durability of springs, the quality of used latex (Pulse latex by Latexco).
I can not find any information concerning the spring system (physiospring). Especially if the springs are thermally cured for long durability (I’m worried mainly about sagging).

Actually I got IKEA divan bed with mattress HESSENG/HEGGEDAL (medium) with TROMSDALLEN topper on boxspring and after 6 months of use the mattres sagging 2,5cm (see photo) and latex topper is compressed and lost the softness.

I decided to buy a new bed but I had to do bad decision.

Thank you for any information.

Hi Peter,

I don’t have any particular knowledge about the European market so I won’t be able to help in terms of specific retailers or manufacturers I’m aware of there but the process of choosing the best quality/value mattress would be the same as in North America. The brand name of a mattress isn’t particularly important anyway because outside of how suitable a mattress is for you in terms of PPP, a mattress is only as good as it’s construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it (see this article and the quality/durability guidelines it links to) regardless of the name of the manufacturer and the mattress materials that are used in Europe would generally be the same as the materials in North America (see post #5 here about “brand shopping”).

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

The only caveat is that in North America the foam density guidelines for polyfoam and memory foam that I would normally suggest are expressed in lbs/sq ft while in Europe they are often expressed in kg/sq meter so you can use the online density converter here to “translate” them.

I would tend to look for smaller local and regional manufacturers/retailers or online manufacturers/retailers that are completely transparent about the type and quality of all the materials that they use in their mattresses so you can make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses and identify any lower quality materials that could be a weak link in any mattress you are considering.

[quote]Please tell me your experiences with this manufacturer, if possible with model Physio.
Quality of workmanship, durability of springs, the quality of used latex (Pulse latex by Latexco).
I can not find any information concerning the spring system (physiospring). Especially if the springs are thermally cured for long durability (I’m worried mainly about sagging).[/quote]

While I can’t speak to whether any mattress is a good “match” for someone else in terms of “comfort” and PPP or what you will “feel” on a mattress … I can certainly speak to the quality and durability of the materials inside it. I don’t have any knowledge or experience with any of the European manufacturers but they would be the best source to provide you with the information you need. If you can provide the information listed here about the type and quality of the materials inside any mattress you are considering (or the equivalent European specs which I can probably translate for you) I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials and the mattress as a whole.

[quote]Actually I got IKEA divan bed with mattress HESSENG/HEGGEDAL (medium) with TROMSDALLEN topper on boxspring and after 6 months of use the mattres sagging 2,5cm (see photo) and latex topper is compressed and lost the softness.

I decided to buy a new bed but I had to do bad decision.[/quote]

I would make sure that you remove your mattress and topper from the box spring and test both the mattress and the topper for sagging individually on the floor so you can identify the source of any sagging and make sure that it’s not coming from the support system under the mattress.

Phoenix