Opinion on Jamison TLC Hybrid 3000 Firm

Thank you for taking the time to review this. I have read a lot of articles and done a lot of research on this site. My wife and I have tried MANY different beds and believe we have found the one we like. Just wanting someone to give an official nod to the specs.

Manufacturer: Jamison
Model: TLC Hybrid 3000 Firm
Height of Mattress: 14.5" approx
Specs: [ul]
[li]5/8" 28lid “Ultra Gel Quilt Foam and Super Soft Hotel Plus Foam”[/li]
[li]3" “Luxury Firm Gel Latex Layer and Extra Firm Comfort Pads” ILD of latex between 28 and 32 (found out that it’s Mountain Top Foam used) Did not find out how thick of latex it is though[/li]
[li]Individual Response Coils 14 gauge, 968 count for queen (confirmed pocketed coils)[/li]
[/ul]
All this information was provided to me by the manufacturer. They have given me tons of information on this bed. Really pleased with their response to my questions.
Anyways, what are you thoughts on the specs?

Thanks!
Andy

I can only comment upon some of the information you provided, as there is still more you need to know about the product.

The innerspring unit is a Quantum Edge variant from Leggett and Platt, most likely the Elite. It is a marshall/pocketed spring unit. 14 gauge would most likely be the thickness of the steel springs in the center, and the smaller perimeter Quantum springs would most likely be 16 gauge or so. This should be a good quality innerspring unit for most individuals.

Regarding the rest of the mattress, you need to confirm the exact layers and the thickness of each, along with the density of the polyurethane foam layers (see this article).

The quilt panel seems to have two layers of polyurethane foam, with one or both being 5/8". There are no densities provided. You would want to find out the thickness of each layer and the densities of those foams.

The middle upholstery layers seem to be 3" of Dunlop latex (see if you can find out if it is natural, blended or synthetic, just for the sake of comparison), which would be a better quality material. Under that are some sort of firm pads, which may just be pre-compressed posture pads. Find that out for sure.

Once you have all of this information you’ll be able to make a judgement as to the quality of the material being used. Comfort is of course subjective, but it seems you’ve been able to try this out in person already, which is a good thing.

And as an aside, I would also tend to ignore the “Regular” prices and focus on the final price you’re paying, which is listed as the “Sale” price.

It sounds like the manufacturer has been very helpful to you, so hopefully you can get the rest of the details about the mattress. Feel free to post them back here if you’d like.

Also, you may like this article that speaks a bit to foam densities that Phoenix put together a few years ago.

Jeff Scheuer, The Beducator
Beducation / Mattress To Go

This is the information I got back:
Quilt is 1" and 5/8 foam plus 3/8" super dacron
3" Latex
½" Firm pads
8" Coil
1" Base foam 28ild, 1.1 lbs density

From what I have read from all the posts, the 1 5/8" foam and 3/8 dacron shouldn’t be that big of an issue since it is “about an inch or so or less”.

I found out that latex is 100% natural and seamless. Do I need the density of it since it is latex?

The firm pad is just a buffer between the latex and coils. The base foam is only an inch as well, but is made of lesser quality foam. Does that matter since it is the bottom layer and not part of the support layer?

What information am I missing? Thanks for all your help!

Thanks,
Andrew

You didn’t get the density of the polyurethane foam in the quilt panel, but at 5/8" and compressed it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Depending upon the tightness of the quilt pattern, the dacron could take a bit of a set, but again it’s not too thick of a layer. The posture pads serve as more than a barrier - they also will impact comfort. You’d want something that was compressed and not a lofty pad that was loosely quilted. The lower density polyurethane foam beneath the spring unit again isn’t as much of a factor, although it’s not too hard of a foam. You don’t need to know the density of the latex (ILD and density have a very close relationship in latex).

In essence, you have a hybrid latex mattress with a thin quilt panel. The quality of materials, from the information you’ve provided, don’t seem to be a cause for concern.

After looking at and laying on over 40 mattresses over the past 2 months, I was pretty excited to find one that seemed to meet the quality parameters I’ve read about on this site (to some extent).
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review this information me.

Many Thanks!
Andrew

You’re welcome!