Ordered a Dreamfoam Aria

I started reading Mattress Underground about two years ago, when our 15-year-old whatever King mattress started to sag. Instead of buying, I added a 1" twin memory foam pad under the 2.5" memory foam pad to the sagging area. That worked well for a while. Then a friend offered us her rarely used, 5-year-old CalKing Simmons Beautyrest pillow-top mattress, no foundation. Had to buy a CalKing platform and CalKing sheets. Got the mattress and, uh-oh, MUCH too soft for me. Added a 3" memory foam pad, but that didn’t help much. Spent a month waking up in the middle of the night with back pain before deciding something must be done. That something was going to be switching the beds – moving the old King, which is still better than the CalKing, back into the master.

The we thought: What the heck! We can afford a bed, especially if I go refresh my memory at Mattress Underground. DreamFoam was our first choice.

So we went downtown and laid on all the mattresses. They were all Beautyrests! Our favorite was the Memory Foam Plus, Lux Firm ($3100!!!). Second favorite was a Hybrid, with AirCool Gel, memory foam, and pocketed coils ($2100!!!).

Jeff at DreamFoam said the Ultimate Dreams Aria Gel would be the closest match, so that’s what we ordered. $719!!! for the CalKing, which we’ve decided we like better than a King. At 4 inches longer and 4 inches narrower, our feet don’t fall off and we don’t feel quite so much like we’re across the bay from each other.

Can hardly wait to get it.

Thank you very much for the incredibly detailed site.

Hi CindyAST,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you ended up deciding to purchase … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I just placed my order for a California King Dreamfoam Aria. I browsed the site and read through several forum discussions before narrowing my selection down. Then I tried out a few Tempurpedics at a nearby Mattress Firm. I liked the firmness of the Rhapsody Luxe. The person I chatted with at DreamFoam confirmed that the Aria is of comparable firmness. I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can feel for myself! Thanks for all the good information you provide for weary wary mattress shoppers!

Ours came right away and it really is Dreamy. My husband thought it was a little bit too firm for him, so I added a 1/2-inch (maybe it was a 1-inch when new) memory foam topper on his side only. It’s been almost exactly 3 months now and he is every bit as comfortable as I am. I do think it was the perfect choice for us, and very much appreciate the information here at Mattress Underground that led us to it. I’ve since recommended this site and Dreamfoam to several friends.

Hi kristenichole,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit as well.

Phoenix

Hi CindyAST,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update … I appreciate it.

It’s great to hear that your mattress worked out so well for both of you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I just ordered a CAL King Dreamfoam Aria. This forum helped me decide to take the plunge!

Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Hi oldman919,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it as well.

Phoenix