Ordered my mattress!!!

After checking out the 3 local manufacturers, I finally decided on Arizona Premium Mattress hybrid pocket coil with 3" 19 talalay latex top. Like laying on a cloud! Seems to be the best of both worlds, with the excellent support of the pocket coils with the softness of the latex. I also like their bamboo cover with wool batting. The other contender was Sleep EZ, but the comparable all-latex mattress was $500 more. I also like that the hybrid is a lot lighter so if I have to move the mattress I don’t have to hire a bodybuilder to do it…

I fell in love with their latex pillows. The member offer is either 5% off -or- free shredded latex pillows -or- BOGO contoured pillow. I like them both, so I’m getting a free shredded latex pillow and 50% off a molded latex low profile pillow.

Only disadvantage to AZ Premium is there is a 3-week delivery. But they are letting me pick up the latex tomorrow so I can throw that over my air mattress. Hopefully my creaky old body can get some relief in the meantime.

My room is really coming together! Painting will be done this weekend, carpet early next week, bedroom set arriving later in the week. Just in time for my birthday next Saturday. :slight_smile:

Hi Suzanne L,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and as you know I think you made a great quality/value choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

PS: Happy Birthday!

So I picked up the latex top yesterday and placed it on my airbed. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I had the best night’s sleep in YEARS! :cheer: Like laying in a big tub of warm Jello! No hip, shoulder or low back pain this morning and I actually felt RESTED! My neck still hurts. Hopefully when I get my new latex pillow (which sadly they didn’t have in stock yesterday) I will get some relief there too.

It was slightly too warm when the heat kicked on in the morning, but not uncomfortably so. I think when the mattress is put together, with the wool/bamboo cover, it will sleep much cooler. I just have a cheap poly-filled mattress pad over it now. I am also looking into a light silk comforter for when the weather gets warmer. I’m using a down comforter now and it is very warm.

Hi Suzanne L,

Thanks for the update … I appreciate it.

So far so good :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Wow. That is one way to describe it. I was recently asked what latex felt like and all I could come up with was it isn’t like memory foam nor is it like polyfoam.

Dubious