Ordered My Tuft and Needle Mattress

My mattress should be here early next week. Getting rid of the old (heavy) king set was a priority, but Salvation Army will come into the house to pick it up.

They recommended this mattress protector, which I am ordering today.
https://www.amazon.com/SafeRest-Hypoallergenic-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector/dp/B003PWNH4Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412895464&sr=8-1&keywords=saferest

Sure glad I found this site, and appreciate all of the good information.

Hi kbleurope,

I’m glad you were able to find a way to dispose of your old mattress because I know that was something you were concerned about.

I already mentioned it in my earlier reply in the other topic but it’s worth saying again … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

[quote]They recommended this mattress protector, which I am ordering today.
https://www.amazon.com/SafeRest-Hypoallergenic-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector/dp/B003PWNH4Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412895464&sr=8-1&keywords=saferest[/quote]

This is a popular mattress protector and should work well for you and have little effect on the feel of your mattress.

I’m glad the site could help you and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Will be interested in hearing your opinion. I’m torn between the TN mattress or getting one from a local shop. Big money savings from Tuft and Needle, but I don’t mind paying more to get more value for the money.

As an aside, I contacted Tuft and Needle regarding the discount. They replied that they do still offer the discount. It’s offered as a rebate after purchase.

Hi DVFlyer,

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

I would also be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on either in terms of suitability or durability (see post #13 here).

While there is really no benefit to wait for someone else’s experience on a mattress to make your own choice because their experience may be very different from your own and may not be relevant to your own needs and preferences, and they may also need to sleep on it for a few weeks before they know whether a mattress would be suitable for them as well because of the initial break in and adjustment period (see post #3 here) … there is more about the Tuft & Needle mattress in posts #2 and #6 here and in post #205 and later in this topic (the posts before that are about their previous design) and a forum search on tuft needle (you can just click the link) will bring up hundreds of forum posts with more comments and feedback from forum members about them as well.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. Point(s) taken.

Hi DV,
I will definitely do a report. BTW they are great about the discount. I asked about it on the website using their chat feature, and once I provided my MU ID and order number, they set up the refund of the discount amount. I don’t even have the mattress yet!!
I have received an email about what to do when it comes, and one that it is on the way. The hold up on setting it up may be the pickup of the old one as I don’t want to schedule it til I know I’ve got all of the parts ready to go.

Finally here to post a follow-up on my Tuft and Needle king size mattress. It arrived the night of my husband’s knee replacement surgery, so I brought it into the house with a dolly and it spent about a week in the corner while I waited for the 4 inch foundation I ordered, and then got the Salvation Army guys to pick up the old bed and help me set up the new one.
I opened the windows and turned on the fan the first day, then made up the bed after walking on it a bit…the smell was overwhelming! I am extremely sensitive to fragrances, so just stripped the bed and aired it out each day for 5 days. I didn’t sleep well but not sure if it was the odor or getting used to the firmer mattress.
I would say it took me three weeks to adjust to the new bed. I intentionally didn’t post a report, as I WANTED to like this mattress. About three weeks after delivery, I actually got an email from Customer Service telling me they hoped I was happy with my purchase, and reminding me how to apply for a refund if I wasn’t!!! Talk about excellent Customer Relations!!
About three weeks into this experiment, I found I was sleeping better and barely moving during the night. I have always tossed and turned, so this was new for me. Lucky for my husband, he was recuperating in the guest room, and didn’t have to go through this break in period with me . The first time he slept on it, he pronounced it a keeper!
Soo, my two cents for those considering a Tuft and Needle:
There is no reason not to try it! They really do stand by their money back guarantee. Just know if you are sensitive to odors, you will probably need a few days for the smell to dissipate–expect it and you won’t be surprised. Also, give yourself time to adjust to the new feel…I did, and am now a happy T&N convert.

Hi kbleurope,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback about your Tuft & Needle mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s always interesting to see how much difference the initial break in and adjustment period can make and it’s great to hear that your mattress worked out so well for both of you.

Phoenix