Out shopping and really like the Serta iSeries......

Hi SMCK,

Did you find out the type and quality/density of the foam layers (so you can confirm there aren’t any weak links in the mattress)?

If you did it would be great if you could list them on the forum for the benefit of any others that may be considering the same mattress.

Phoenix

Sadly not. No specs so I’m sure it’s a cheapo mattress. There will be a review in the near future to see how it’s wearing.

Hi SMCK,

A review that is sooner than a few years won’t say much about the durability of the materials in the mattress or the mattress as a whole (unless it’s exceptionally low quality) but if you are sleeping well and “symptom free” after the break in and adjustment period then it would at least confirm that you made a suitable choice in terms of PPP.

I’m looking forward to any feedback you have the chance to share although I normally wouldn’t suggest that anyone purchase a mattress without confirming the quality of the materials inside it.

Phoenix

One thIng that I have learned during this mattress buying experience is to try to identify the materials used. However most manufacturers are guarding their materials a secret for most parts it seems. So while it might make absolute sense to get that information it is nearly never available.

Log bed also arrived.

Hi SMCK,

Unfortunately that’s certainly true with the larger manufacturers that dominate the industry. The worst part is that perhaps not surprisingly … the manufacturers that keep the quality of their materials a secret and tend to seel their mattresses based on “stories” also tend to use the lowest quality materials.

Thanks for the picture … your bed looks great :slight_smile:

Phoenix