Overwhelmed with mattress selection

I live in the Los Angeles County area in California. What’s a good local mattress manufacturer? I’m feeling overwhelmed. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi vicki4mattress,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties on your mattress search, I agree it can be overwhelming! You did not mention any of your particular stats (height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any underlying health issues), nor any of your history with other mattresses and preferences so the first step is (If you have not already) to take a look at the Mattress Shopping Tutorial and also the mattress specifications you need to know this will give you a better idea of what to look for and avoid on your mattress search.
Outside of whether a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP … a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it so regardless of the name of the manufacturer. There are literally thousands of mattresses on the market and to narrow things down, the next step is to decide on the type of materials you like in your mattress (memory foam, latex, innerspring, polyfoam, etc) the style of mattress (latex, foam, hybrid…) to get a general idea of what you want.

I had a quick look at the Trusted members , and see that Flexus Comfort Mattress Company is located in Covina in LA County at 808 E. Edna Place (800)577-8136; alsoNest Beddinghas a showroom in Los Angeles, at 12345 Ventura Blvd, Suite K, in Studio City, (818) 459-3738. Also trusted member GhostBed is carried by Macy’s, who have 3 locations in LA (I would call to see which of them carry mattresses before visiting). Many of our trusted members also offer online sales with generous trial periods and easy return policies.

Hopefully, some of our other forum members who live in or near Los Angeles will weigh in on their experiences with local retailers as well.

Basilio

Search “Billyidol” and I have a few posts that talk about where to shop in LA