Paramount Mattress - Norfolk VA - Nature's Fit at Costco

I was at Costco earlier today and happened to pass by a roadshow setup by Paramount Mattresses from Norfolk VA. They were promoting their Nature Fit line in the store. They had two models in the store, one firm and another one was plush, they both felt good to lie on. The prices for the King version of the firm was $1,850 and $2,250 for the plush (has 2" extra foam). It has 12 month, no questions asked return policy supported by Costco. I have attached a picture of the specs of both the mattress and would like to hear from others that might have purchased the same.

Hi scion78,

I don’t have any personal experience with either mattress but there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that may be helpful. There is also more about some of the pros and cons of buying from Costco in post #4 here.

Outside of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … the most important part of a mattress purchase is the quality and durability of the materials inside it but unfortunately the pictures you listed don’t provide any information about the quality of the materials in these mattresses so it’s really not possible to make any meaningful comments about the mattress, identify any weak links in the design, or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

If you can provide the information listed here I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials in either mattress and let you know if I can see any obvious weak links in the design.

I would ask Costco to find out the information for you because they may have better results than you since other forum members haven’t been successful in finding out the information they needed directly from Paramount (see post #2 here and the posts it links to about Paramount).

If you aren’t able to find out the information you need to make an informed choice I would pass the mattress by.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. Let me try to see if I can get Costco to provide this information.

1. The type and thickness of all the layers or components in a mattress listed in order from the top down (or the bottom up) to make sure they add up to the thickness of the mattress.
  2. The density of any polyfoam or memory foam layers (in lbs per cu. ft.).
  3. The type (Dunlop or Talalay) and blend (the percentage of natural rubber and synthetic rubber) of any latex layers.
  4. The type of innerspring, the gauge of the coils, the number of the coils, and the density of any polyfoam edge support.
  5. The type of fabric and any quilting materials used in the cover. If the quilting material is polyfoam or memory foam and is in the range of “around an inch or so” or less then it’s not essential to know the density.

Hi scion78,

It would be great if they provide the information you need but I have my doubts based on Paramount’s history of a lack of transparency.

The only information you won’t need is this …

… since neither mattress has an innerspring.

Phoenix

Paramount won’t give you the detailed information about foam density that smart buyers want. See my previous post here:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/innerspring-mattress-for-a-teenager-in-richmond-va

On the other hand, although it has been only 18 months or so since we bought the Paramount mattress, it remains extremely comfortable and seems to be holding up just fine. No major indentations of the top layer. Of course my daughter will go off to college in 4 more years, so longevity for that time frame is all I wanted. Hope it lasts longer than 10 years.

Good luck. I took my chances. So far so good with Paramount. Price sometimes wins so long as PPP expectations are met.

Hi TDI Hoo,

At $1850 and $2250 I don’t think that price would be “winning” :slight_smile:

Phoenix