Parklane Mattresses Lovejoy vs. Quimby

Hi, I am planning on visiting a Parklane Mattress store and would like any information on the Lovejoy or Quimby mattress. We are combo sleepers. My husband on his back while I tend to sleep on my stomach and side.

Hi Gresham,

You are certainly looking in a good direction and as you probably know Parklane is a member here which means that I think highly of them and they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service.

They are also transparent about the materials they use in their mattresses. Each of their mattresses have a description on their website (just click the description tab) which includes most of the information about what is inside them but they will also provide you with any information you need that isn’t included in the descriptions (see this article) if you ask them.

While they use good quality materials and components in all their mattresses … the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is how well it matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). A mattress that is “perfect” for one person or even many other people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on because of differences in body type, sleeping positions, and preferences so careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post is the best way to decide which mattress is best for you based on your own experience and on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply. I’ll make sure to post a review of the mattress as this forum has been a huge help for me.

Hi GreshamGirl,

I’m looking forward to your feedback from your visit to Parklane and of course finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix

So, we ended up buying the Alder! The purchase was simple, easy, and we are scheduled for delivery on the 10th. My husband and I are very uncomfortable in places where there are high pressure sales pitches so Parklane was such a relief. Plus, I dread having to haggle over the price and always feel uneasy leaving especially when a salesperson starts mentioning that they have kids to feed, etc. I have been to Parklane twice and not once was I made to feel obligated to buy.

We went in on Sunday afternoon and were left alone to try out the beds. Our ultimate decision to go with the Alder was thanks in part to reading Suza’s post:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/mattress-decision

I felt exactly the same way in regards to the Lovejoy vs. the Alder. The Lovejoy felt great but was a little too plush. The Alder, maybe because of the gel, better contoured to the body and has a medium feel which my husband and I preferred. We were told that the Alder is fairly knew so that’s why there are no reviews yet on their website. I guess we will just have to try it out and see for ourselves! I will certainly post a review of the Alder mattress once we get a feel for it.

P.S. Thanks to MattressUnderground we were given a complimentary metal bed frame! We had a choice of the frame or microfiber sheets and we chose the frame because our current mattresses have been on the floor for so long now that I jumped at the chance to finally have a frame until my husband gets around to building one. Hmm, maybe the sight of the new mattresses will help spur him on?

Hi GreshamGirl,

Thanks for the update and for letting us know what you ended up deciding.

I think you ended up making a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

What did you not like about the Quimby that the other mattress had?
Thanks

Hi Shebapita,

Sorry for the delayed response. We chose the Alder because it had the pillowtop with the top layer having individual wrapped micro marshall coils. We were told that this would minimize motion transfer, a must for us! Also, the quimby felt firmer and since both of us are side/stomach sleepers, we chose the softer mattress.

As for how we like it so far, we couldn’t be happier. The mattress feels just right. I find myself waking up in the morning in the same position that I had fallen asleep in, whereas before I would toss and turn. I was worried that since it was a “plush” mattress with a pillowtop, that it would start to have bodily indentations. We have had it for two months, so I can’t vouch for how it will hold up for the long term, but for now it is still holding its shape just as on the first day. Of course, we have been very diligent in sleeping “all over the mattress” as our sales rep suggested especially during the first few months. Instead of turning the mattress (too heavy!!) we have been changing our positions to sleep upside down and even crosswise on the bed:)