Parklane Mattresses Lovejoy vs. Quimby

So, we ended up buying the Alder! The purchase was simple, easy, and we are scheduled for delivery on the 10th. My husband and I are very uncomfortable in places where there are high pressure sales pitches so Parklane was such a relief. Plus, I dread having to haggle over the price and always feel uneasy leaving especially when a salesperson starts mentioning that they have kids to feed, etc. I have been to Parklane twice and not once was I made to feel obligated to buy.

We went in on Sunday afternoon and were left alone to try out the beds. Our ultimate decision to go with the Alder was thanks in part to reading Suza’s post:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/mattress-decision

I felt exactly the same way in regards to the Lovejoy vs. the Alder. The Lovejoy felt great but was a little too plush. The Alder, maybe because of the gel, better contoured to the body and has a medium feel which my husband and I preferred. We were told that the Alder is fairly knew so that’s why there are no reviews yet on their website. I guess we will just have to try it out and see for ourselves! I will certainly post a review of the Alder mattress once we get a feel for it.

P.S. Thanks to MattressUnderground we were given a complimentary metal bed frame! We had a choice of the frame or microfiber sheets and we chose the frame because our current mattresses have been on the floor for so long now that I jumped at the chance to finally have a frame until my husband gets around to building one. Hmm, maybe the sight of the new mattresses will help spur him on?