Placing a futon on springs

I’ve bought a naturepedic hybrid but it turned out to be too warm (I know latex foam is supposed to be cool but after 2 months it felt hot). With naturepedic I can unzip the mattress and remove the foam cushions, underneath which are innersprings. I was thinking of removing the cushion and laying a futon on the springs. The futon would contain no springs, just wool and cotton, 6 inches thick, 90 lbs. and contains no foam so I’m hoping it wouldn’t be hot. Good or bad idea?

Hi JBR2022.

Have you also tried changing your bedding and such to see if that’s not contributing to your heat?

You could certainly try and place the futon on the innersprings and see how that works for you. You might want to put a stabilizing layer between the wool and the springs so they don’t compress/sink INTO the springs themselves.

Do you find this same futon comfortable and supportive on the floor? The other option would be to scrap the mattress, get a flat base like a bunkie board and sleep directly on the futon itself.

NikkiTMU

talk to naturepedic about swapping the latex for microcoils. thats how i have my naturepedic eos configured. its a very cool sleeping mattress. and very comfortable. i didnt like the latex.